overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Unable to boot Vista  (Read 3385 times)

Detosx

• Entrant
[SOLVED] Unable to boot Vista
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »
I am not sure if this constitutes a bug rather than an incompatibility or something I have overlooked.

My laptop's hard drive is GUID partitioned like so -  | EFI | VISTA | OSX86 | OSX86 | . I managed to 'install' Vista by copying my hard drive with Paragon's free imaging program and then restoring it to the NTFS partition (two hours and 24 minutes!). I needed to make some minor repairs to get past the NTLDR is missing error but then, with the previous version of Chameleon installed to the first OSX86 partition, everything worked fine.

No matter what I do, I can't get the same setup to work with Chameleon V2. My mistake may have been installing to the preferred GUID system partition to begin with, before installing it to the first OSX86 partition. Ideally I would like to avoid reformatting and starting again.

Has anyone else been able to get this to work? 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:41:32 PM by rocksteady »

nscxp2005

• Entrant
Re: Unable to boot XP & Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
I am having the same sort of problem but with XP & Windows 7 on a MBR partition?

On XP I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
Invalid BOOT.INI file
Booting from C:\Windows\
NTDETECT Failed

On Windows 7 all I get is a blinking cursor

Does anybody know what might be causing this as this worked fine when I had the previous chameleon version.
Also I am running this off a USB pen drive (for test purposes before I install on the actual system). I am also using EasyBCD to boot Windows 7 & XP.

I hope somebody can help me resolve this problem.

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

Detosx

• Entrant
Re: Unable to boot Vista
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »
Edited:- I solved my problem. You can find my solution on the Acer (intel) thread - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77396 - first post.

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
Re: [SOLVED] Unable to boot Vista
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »
Detosx, I marked your topic [SOLVED], tried to follow your solution @ insanely but it seems that the site is SNAFUd again. Posting your solution here would be really appreciated :)
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives