overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Chameleon seems to use 1024x768 as default screen size - can anyone confirm?  (Read 2989 times)

tempolo

• My own Hackintosh page
Installing OSX on a netbook often causes a problem with the screen size: The system boots up with a screen height of 768 when the actual netbook's height is only 600 pixels. So far, special screen drivers or boot settings are the solution.

Just now, when I was looking at the code of the "boot" file of chameleon 1.0.11, I found this XML file inside, which suggests that it tries to boot with 768 by default.

I wonder if patching the numbers in the "boot" file would fix above problem more easily?

So, if you just installed OSX on a netbook, try editing your "boot" file (either on your OSX partition's root, or in the EFI partition's root) by changing the two 768 occurances to 600, to see if that fixes the screen size problem. Then comment here to let us know if it helps or not.

Here's the excerpt of the relevant XML code inside the boot file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Enabled</key>
   <string>no</string>

<key>screen_width</key>
   <string>1024</string>
   <key>screen_height</key>
   <string>768</string>
   <key>boot_width</key>
   <string>1024</string>
   <key>boot_height</key>
   <string>768</string>
   <key>boot_bgcolor</key>
   <string>#AAAAAA</string>
</dict>
</plist>

tempolo

• My own Hackintosh page
Yes! This works indeed - now I can see the full output (when using -v as a boot option) without it being cut off at top and bottom of the screen on my netbook.

koshia

• Entrant
This is only default and is adjustable, correct?

tempolo

• My own Hackintosh page
This is only default and is adjustable, correct?
Yes, appears so. I realize one can also add boot parameters to change the screen size, but since I had to do a lot of attempts with different configs, I prefer this way over having to enter the screen size all the time again.