overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Proposal: chameleon t-shirts n stuff  (Read 4162 times)

sckevyn

• VoodooLabs
Proposal: chameleon t-shirts n stuff
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:49:57 PM »
So I was bored and took the suggestion from one of the posters... why not a t-shirt?

It's not a bad idea, so...

I threw http://www.cafepress.com/voodoolabs together as a proof of concept. we can go live with it if we want. We could sell logo'd merchandise such as t-shirts and other things through cafepress.com, they handle everything we don't have to do anything and we can even include a "donation" or surcharge to each order so we can get money (my thought is it should goto hosting fees, or pay for bounties on drivers to be written)

as its sitting, no one gets any money, its a not profit site for us, just allows people to buy something with our logos on it and zero work on our part =)

If we wanted a profit per sale, they collect the money and then at the end of the month they send a check wherever you directed them too providing you earn more than $25, if you don't then it rolls over until you sold enough to make $25 and then they send you a check.

I've used them before for a scuba diving club, it worked pretty well. We had organized dive trips 3 times a year and custom shirts for the trip. The people going on trips bought shirts and things and the profits went to paying for t-shirts for the volunteers.. I think the joke was by the end of the year they had net'd a whopping 12$ but had bought over 20 t-shirts for the volunteers so everyone was happy =)

Just a proposal... comments? =)

kevyn

Enzo

• Resident
Re: Proposal: chameleon t-shirts n stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 04:55:07 AM »
May be a good idea heh ;-)