Author Topic: VoodooHDA  (Read 4505 times)

BuildSmart

VoodooHDA
« on: June 10, 2009, 03:57:02 AM »
Well, let me first start off by voicing my skepticism regarding this driver, I was sure that it really had little value since their are many solutions for Audio that work well however my skepticism came to an end.

While I was helping someone else with an issue unrelated to audio I found they were using your audio solution for the STAC9220 and unfortunately I was experiencing an issue getting audio working with this same STAC.

While my audio issue is somewhat resolved (meaning I now have sound) I thought I'd grab the source and see what I could do to make it work better if not properly.

Sadly, the source from googlecode svn is only the driver and that driver doesn't work with the prefPane (I deleted the VoodooHDA.settings file, restarted and it still didn't work with the prefPane) so I'd like to get the source for the released beta's if possible so I can work on them on a system that has audio issues rather than report an issue that you can't duplicate in the hopes you can resolve it.

In closing, I'm impressed, it's a nice piece of work with great potential and believe it will make hacintosh life much better resulting in a single solution (except for certain cases - SEE NOTE) that just works.

NOTE: ALC885, some ALC889, some STAC9220 and some STAC9221
    does not need any patched files or third party drivers, it will support native vanilla audio by patching DSDT
    to provide the correct information and it will report properly in System Preferences and System Profiler.

If you're lucky, some ALC889's report the ALC885 Codec ID and if yours does then you can use the DSDT
    solution and enjoy vanilla audio, the same goes for the STAC9220 and STAC9221 but this is dependent on
    the correct information being returned to the driver.

fassl

• VoodooLabs
Re: VoodooHDA
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:28:36 AM »
The problem was i was quite busy with other stuff and had not found time to merge with google code trunk and release the source of the Preference Pane supported one. I wanted to commit changes long time ago to the google trunk but it said something like i had no privileges to commit new files or something similar, i can't recall correctly. But it was not working.

I will merge latest google code revision with my stuff when i have time and release it here, please stay patient.

BuildSmart

Re: VoodooHDA
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
Thanks fassl, no problem, I can wait.

On the SB cards, there are drivers that work with them and some even work natively so you can point this out when ever prompted.

The SBL24 should work with the Enya24 drivers and some plist editing since they are based on the same chipset but again, hypothetical cause I don't physically have one.