Chameleon > Theme Park

FontMaker for Chameleon2 Bootmanager Fonts

(1/11) > >>

cizko:
Hi guys!

I had some spare time that past weekend, so I tried designing my own bootloader theme. I found the task of putting together font-graphics in photoshop quite time intensive, so I sat down and coded a fontmaker for my own personal use at first. Then I figured that some of you guys out there might need such a tool too, to quickly check, whether a font is working for a design or not. While looking for free fronts to test it with, I stumbled upon an Internet site, offering 6000+ free TTF fonts. So I wrote a quick page-ripper script and got them all... Finally, I put it all together and uploaded it to a currently unused domain, so enough talking - here it is:

http://www.cyberdisk.de  ;D

Cheers, cizko

PS: I did not find any info on the copyright of the Chameleon logo, so I used it in the header gfx. If that bothers anybody, just let me know and I will have it removed again...  ::)

Blackosx:
Hi cizko

Pure Genius! Well done.
I have just tested and it works perfectly. You have just made font creation so easy.
 ;D

cizko:

--- Quote from: Blackosx on June 24, 2009, 08:19:20 AM ---Pure Genius! Well done.
I have just tested and it works perfectly. You have just made font creation so easy.
 ;D

--- End quote ---

Thanks Blackosx - coming from the über-master of great designs, this is one hell of a compliment... *gg*  ;)

tempolo:
Careful cizko!

Free doesn't automatically mean you can violate their copyright, should they maintain that. Often, those "free" things are only free under special conditions, e.g. you may use them privately only, but once you use/show them publically on the web, you violate that.

And if you, as an apparent German reader, read the c't Magazin regularly, you should have noticed that there are actually companies that make their money thru this: They suggest to people they can use their free pictures, only to send them a big fee once these pics appear in a Myspace account as a background picture or something like that.

Blackosx:

--- Quote from: cizko on June 24, 2009, 12:08:09 PM ---Thanks Blackosx - coming from the über-master of great designs, this is one hell of a compliment... *gg*  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the comment, but I wouldn't call myself a master, like you I am just giving back to the community. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version