overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Help with problem on Wind U100 / OSX Retail  (Read 2148 times)

BenHum

• Entrant
Help with problem on Wind U100 / OSX Retail
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:32:40 AM »
Hi

I have an Advent 4211C (Wind U100 clone) with 2Gb RAM.

I followed CyberGreg's fantastic retail DVD install instructions, and got a perfect working OSX install (10.5.7).

All worked brilliantly... until I saw that the hibernate issues with Chameleon 2.0RC1 had been fixed, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Chameleon 2.0RC1 installed fine (all default, no special settings) - and a reboot worked perfectly. I changed the Boot file for the hibernate-friendly version, and again, everything was perfect.

Finally, I added a theme I downloaded from here to the themes folder and added the lines

<key>Theme</key>
<string>Boot_Camp</string>

to the com.apple.boot.plist file....

Now, when I boot my Wind, it takes me as far as the blue screen where a login box should appear, but this dialogue is not visible. I can type my password, and the machine appears to continue booting, but the screen remains blue throughout.

I've tried attaching an external monitor, but it doesn't appear to help.

Any help and advice will be very much appreciated. Is there anything I can do without reinstalling everything?

Thanks!

EDIT
when I boot with 'single user', I can see that I've inserted the theme keys in the wrong place (splitting the device properties key and string).  I take it that in this mode I cannot simply edit the file (read-only, I guess?)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:47:57 AM by BenHum »

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Help with problem on Wind U100 / OSX Retail
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »
Boot from your install media, run terminal and edit the plist from there.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131