Author Topic: Help With Editing Chameleon Boot Menu Options  (Read 12963 times)

n1nj4Lo

• Entrant
Help With Editing Chameleon Boot Menu Options
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
Okay so I installed it and everything worked great... BUT The problem is, I have 2 extra partitions that don't work or do anything which are "Local Disk 1" and just a Hard Drive image thats blank... Neither of these work or boot into windows or anything else.. So I was wondering where I would go to remove these from the Boot Menu option..

All help and advice, will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

BTW I'm a Total OS X Newb, LoL.. Here for awhile I was having to use Super Grub Boot Disk > Boot & Tools > Boot Partition: to get into OSx86...

zhell

Re: Help With Editing Chameleon Boot Menu Options
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »
Use search.

Terc

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:27:14 PM »
Wow guy.  I think I'd just start over.  Two partitions laying around is kinda lame.  Perhaps try using disk utility to remove the two partitions?  Not sure what this will do to your Windows install

n1nj4Lo

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:33 AM »
Naw it wouldn't hurt anything.. They're just two other different hard drives I have hooked up... Ones a failed project that won't let me remove any of the windows files in it, so it thinks it has windows on it and the boot files but it doesn't in fact.. Or doesn't have any files that would affect "Local Disk 9", it's "Local Disk 1" that I'm trying to remove... Which I have all my Windows Hard Drives labeled as that and so on upwords with the numbers, and all my systems are on Local Disk 0 in different partitions; "OSx86", "Local Disk 0(Windows)" and "Liunx"..

ramseier

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »
wow.. this forum is really helpful.
either you get the answer "use search" (I think nobody ever came to this page using Google), or you get nonhelping jokeanswers.
If there are often Questions like "How & where can I edit the Boot Menu Options" why don't you create a sticky post with the correct answer.
I really tried to use the search, but all I've found was "use the search" or "if this doesn't work try something completely different"

So.. where do I get a valid documentation where I can read how i can change the Theme or how I can change the default boot partition? The one on the top of the forum wasn't that helpful.

And pleeeeaaasee dont answer with "use search" because that didn't work.

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:05 PM »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

ramseier

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:39:46 PM »
that's it.. great.. thanx