VoodooPS2Controller > General Discussion

ALPS Modification for 2 Finger Scrolling

(1/8) > >>

ab__73:
Hi,

I've modified the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext to allow the following enhancements for ALPS Trackpads:

+ Stops that annoying cursor reposition when your finger accidentally touches the scroll regions of the trackpad.
+ Two Finger Scrolling Vertical and Horizontal, this apple mac feature is great.
+ Pointer resolution changed, gives better control over the speed of the mouse pointer.
+ Clicking at boot and after wake up from sleep.

I initially made this for a Dell M1530 XPS Laptop, but I'm curious about how it will work on other ALPS Glidepad Trackpads.

Attached is the compiled kext and the source code diff file, as per the Voodoo License.

I hope this is the correct place to post such files.

Thanks VoodooTeam for the excellent work!!

Just rename your existing VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext then copy this kext into the same folder location.

Rebellious:
Well, thanks a lot for the driver. Will try to test it on my Dell Vostro 1510 as soon as OS X Leopard will be restored on it :) Of course, feedback is guaranteed.

timmyj:
thanks a lot for the driver it works really well!! - prob the best the KB+mouse has worked on OSX on M1530 for me!
would a 64-bit compatible snow leo build be possible?

sweec:
Sure that you can recompile it for 64 bit snow leopard. I did that for normal VoodooPS2Controller and it works. Only that you must remove VoodooPS2.h and VoodooPS2.cpp from the target, and use VoodooPS2Controller with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. The reason is that VoodooPS2Nub is not usable in 64 bit snow leopard.
My compiled version is posted here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175372&st=0#entry1202851

Rebellious:
Here is the feedback I promised earlier.

It didn't work for my ALPS on Dell Vostro 1510. Actually, tapping works only after manual reload of the kext. Scrolling I had earlier. Nothing looking like 2 finger scroll. Or am I doing smth wrong? I put the kext inside VoodooPS2Controller.kext and installed it with KextHelper. Then got permissions repaired and rebooted the system. After booting it tapping didn't work.

That's how it is. Still hope to get it working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version