overdue-scratch

Author Topic: VoodooHDA with X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI-E: Sound out works, but no mic.  (Read 7230 times)

Gravian

• Entrant
So, somehow the SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI-E card I have gets working sound out with the VoodooHDA kext, and while using the Voodoo Kernel on an AMD Quadcore (Phenom II) machine no less. I found a thread about someone getting their X-Fi to work with the VoodooHDA Kext and I had to try it myself to see if it does.

It sounds great, no Kernel panics or anything as long as I have the onboard audio disabled, and it works in every application I've tried so far, so I've got that part nailed down. But, I get nothing over Mic or Line-in unless I crank the Line slider all the way up in the Prefs pane, and then all I get is constant noise and only when I have Mic selected (I'm guessing it's probing the wrong thing and getting some bad signal or something?).

So, I was wondering, is there anything I can try to get my mic working besides screwing around in the Prefs pane, since that doesn't work? Should I do a Linux codec dump and post it here for the Voodoo HDA Devs, or is there anything I could try editing to get it to work?

Gravian

• Entrant
Re: VoodooHDA with X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI-E: Sound out works, but no mic.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »
Durrrrr, I should probably post some system specs here.  :P

Mobo: MSI K9A2 Platinum
CPU: AMD Phenom II Black 3.0GHz Quad Core
RAM: 4 Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper 1066MHz DDR2
Graphics: XFX Nvidia 9800GTX
Sound: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

My OSx86 install is iDeneb 10.5.6 running the Voodoo Kernel and using the Chameleon 2.0RC1 bootloader.

Gravian

• Entrant
Re: VoodooHDA with X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI-E: Sound out works, but no mic.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:07:53 AM »
Reading the VoodooHDA sticky I missed that it has a built in dumper. Since you guys made it so easy, here's the codec I got from my X-Fi, attached to this post. At least, I think it's from my X-Fi, the vendor ID matches and it's the only sound hardware currently enabled on my system.