Author Topic: Does Chameleon support USB HD with multiple partitions?  (Read 2942 times)

Lardzor

• Entrant
Does Chameleon support USB HD with multiple partitions?
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »
Hey, does anyone know where I can buy prescription drugs at a reasonable price? j/k, lol
I guess this forum isn't moderated often.

Anyway, I liked the ease of use of putting my OS X install DVD on a USB Flash Drive.
It was faster than installing from my DVD drive, but I thought I could make it even faster if I could put it on my external USB hard drive.
My USB hard drive had just one partition so I shrank it to accommodate a new partition for the OS X install data.  I created the partition and and put the OS X install data on it.  I used Chameleon on the drive to boot the HFS+ partition and start the OS X installer.

It worked perfectly, So I thought I could do the same thing with the Windows 7 install DVD.  I shrank the first partition again, created a new partition and copied the Win 7 install data to it.

For some reason, Chameleon does not see the new partition. Windows 7 sees it, as does OS X.  That's when I noticed that Chameleon did not see the first partition.  The original FAT32 partition that had always been there was not being seen either.

Does Chameleon support multiple partitions on external USB devices, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Lardzor
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:39:02 AM by Lardzor »