overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Chameleon Menu Configuration  (Read 5600 times)

Attanar

• Entrant
Chameleon Menu Configuration
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:46:48 AM »
Hello there!

I just managed to get my OS X with chameleon fully working (except for the sleep trick with 7xxx, but that's another topic xD)

The thing is, when chameleon starts, it only shows the default (OS X) partition. If I press the left or right key, then it will show the rest of my system (Windows) partitions.

I would like to configure it to show the default partition, and the Windows partition as well from the start. How can I do this? I can't seem to find any option about this in the Chameleon Wizard.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Chameleon Menu Configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
Hi Attanar

You can add the Timeout key with a value of zero to org.chameleon.Boot.plist which will then instruct Chameleon to show you the device selection screen without first showing the timeout screen with the default volume.

Code: [Select]
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

Attanar

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
Hi Attanar

You can add the Timeout key with a value of zero to org.chameleon.Boot.plist which will then instruct Chameleon to show you the device selection screen without first showing the timeout screen with the default volume.

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>

Thank you very much for your help.

Actually my intention was to configure it kind of "GRUB" style. I mean, have the menu showing both systems, and booting a default system (OS X) unless I select Windows instead in 5 seconds.

Is that possible?

Would it even be possible not to show any menu at all and boot OS X unless I press any key during the boot process? (Something like Macs do with Command + C)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »
Unfortunately Chameleon will not show you a choice of installed OS's and then select the default one after a period of time. Instead you get the choice of:
1) seeing the default OS with a timer countdown where doing nothing boots that OS once the countdown reaches zero, or a keypress shows all bootable OS's.
2) seeing all bootable OS's without a timer for you to then decide which one to boot.

You can instruct Chameleon to boot your default OS directly by using the following in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If by default Chameleon doesn't boot your OS of choice then you can use the Default Partition option.

You can find a full list of supported options here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,351.0.html
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB