Author Topic: GraphicsEnabler=Yes & EthernetBuiltIn=Yes Conflict?  (Read 4632 times)

bjsterilite

• Entrant
GraphicsEnabler=Yes & EthernetBuiltIn=Yes Conflict?
« on: June 23, 2013, 02:10:51 AM »
Here are my specs:
MB: GA-G31M-ES2L Rev. 2.0
CPU: Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz
GPU: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
LAN: AtherosLC1
Bootloader: Chameleon 2.1

I have to use "PciRoot=1" and "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to get Video and QE/CI
Also, to use the Mac AppStore, iCloud and iMessage I have to have "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" in my plist

However, whenever I use "PciRoot=1" and "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" with "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" I get no video on the desktop. I also notice that it identifies my Lan and GPU properly but it assigns my GPU, "PciRoot Value = 2"

If I leave out "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" I get full video support but I can't get past the post-install screen asking if the computer connects to the internet via Lan/Wifi/Not at all.

I'm trying to avoid choosing Not at all because I believe it prevents me from using "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" properly.
I could be wrong but I was looking for some insight from someone else. Also, I found this in a post I found through a google search, which lead me here:

"download the source, in device_inject.h find MAX_PCI_DEV_PATHS, change this value to 4, compile with "make clean; make embedtheme", once it's finished compiling, sym/i386/boot is the fixed boot file so replace your existing with it.

The bad thing is that the boot loader uses a faked EFI32 table and it's not exactly what you want to be using if you intend to boot K64 but it does work for the most part but there are issues due to the implementation so things like IOReg Explorer has problems along with other apps.

I did a boot loader for personal use with a faked EFI64 table that works properly but it doesn't have any of the bells and fluff that Chameleon 2.x RCx has but it does work very well for me.

I'm looking into a method to generate either an faked EFI32 or EFI64 table at boot time but not sure if this is really required or any benefits it might provide."

It looked like the OP had a similar issue using a similar Gigabyte MB and the same GPU. I couldn't understand what the solution was (above). If anyone can help it'd be appreciated. If you need more info I'll be glad to give it.