Author Topic: FIXED! Second LAN card shows as Airport in "About This Mac"  (Read 2309 times)

eyvind

I have just bought a new HD for my comp, and its partitioned in an MBR/GPT hybrid.
The partitions that exist are:
disk0s1 = 200mb EFI partition
disk0s2 = 15GB Windows 7 RTM Partition
disk0s3 = 450GB Windows data partition (Documents/Progs/Etc)
disk0s4 = 465GB Leopard HFS partition

I can boot both Leopard and Windows 7 at the moment, and read write from the leopard drive to the windows drive (ntfs-3g) and vice verse (macdrive 8). The only problem I'm having is that my second ethernet card shows up as an airport device in "About This Mac". It even recognizes the hardware type as Airport. My mobo is a P5W DH deluxe which has 2 Marvell Yukon 88 something 53 1GB/s LAN ports. The first one shows up as EN0, and internal. The second one shows up as EN1, and also internal. I am using the EthernetBuiltIn feature (as you can see from the title). The very interesting thing is that in Network, under system preferences, both show up as normal Ethernet devices, including the mac address. The NetworkInterfaces.plist seems normal, and doesnt show the second ethernet drive as an airport device.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:20:20 AM by eyvind »
My new notebook:
MSI X-340, Slim as an Air
2 GB Ram, Intel 723 ULV processor (SSE3 capable), Intel 4500MHD Graphics
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64bit, Currently installing Snow Leopard Vanilla, BackTrack
Currently installing Snow Leopard Vanilla, BackTrack

eyvind

Fixed the problem  :D. It wasnt showing up as airport because of EthernetBuiltIn, it was shown as airport even with everything vanilla. I fixed it by removing all the adapters listed in Network Preferences (with the - sign), then adding them all again. After this, it was correctly recognized as a 1000Tbase ethernet card :D

MODS: you can close this thread/or delete it if you find it unecessary.
My new notebook:
MSI X-340, Slim as an Air
2 GB Ram, Intel 723 ULV processor (SSE3 capable), Intel 4500MHD Graphics
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64bit, Currently installing Snow Leopard Vanilla, BackTrack
Currently installing Snow Leopard Vanilla, BackTrack