overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [Theme]  Republic of Gamers - ROG   (Read 10078 times)

rmf_z

[Theme]  Republic of Gamers - ROG 
« on: July 11, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »
Hello everyone,

Approximately 1 year ago, i did my first theme "ROG Theme" and i post it here and i thought it was great, considering i never did one and i never worked with photoshop ever (and i still don't).
Since then i used it in my machine with satisfaction and because it looked very cool also, until one week ago when i decided to get rid and/or correct (most) of the mistakes i made due to the lack of some experience and Photoshop know-how.
This last week ended up to be great fun and i have made not only a serious upgrade to my previous ROG theme(which i now consider rubbish), but also it now comes in 3 Flavours of your choice (ROG Red, ROG Black & ROG Silver) and if you want you can combine all 3 of them, mixing up whatever you want according to your liking :)
There are still mistakes (i'm still a photoshop newbie) and things i could have done differently, but for now i'm happy with the results  :)

I like to thank the work i've borrowed from rzooff, kexlam, Enzo, CosmosCj, Blackosx and many others which continue to serves me as inspiration for my themes and ideas, and still hope they don't get mad of course  ;D  ;)

All 3 themes are 1920x1080 themes, i'm using latest version of Chameleon bootloader, not sure if it works with clover, but feel free to give it a try. There's also a folder with PLENTY of alternative icons if you have other OS/Drives, just browse it.
All OSX original feline icons where modified, well i personally like my cats with full ears  :lol:
You may wish to edit the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to turn off the "Boot Banner" and the "Legacy Logo" :)

The thumb and preview images were taken with a phone cam, so they are horrible...sorry  :-[
Hope you all like them  :)

PS- Please, forgive my english mistakes, as English is not my native language   :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:09:34 PM by rmf_z »
OSX 10.10.5 / Windows 10 Enterprise | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7-4770K 3.5 GHz | GSkill 16GB | EVGA GTX780 Ti SC 3GB

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: [Theme]  ROG 3 Flavoured New Themes 
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:38:59 PM »
Hi rmf_z

You have put a lot of work in to creating this theme and it’s variations. Well done!
I’ve only looked at the files themselves for now and not actually used it but I will try it soon.

I see you have supplied many alternative files which include the different versions of OS X which is great. But did you know Chameleon supports these images directly? It requires the filenames to match what it expects, which unfortunately is not what you have right now. For example. You have device_hfsplus_OSX_Mavericks.png where as Chameleon will look for device_hfsplus_mav.png.

If you would like to improve the ‘friendliness’ of the theme(s) for others then maybe re-upload the theme files with correct naming? If you get stuck then give me a nudge and I'll try to help out.

For reference, check the Default theme files for a complete list files and their names.
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/artwork/themes/default

But good job and it’s nice to see new themes being created. :)

I plan to update more of my theme with El Capitan icons but free time doesn’t come as often these days.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

rmf_z

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »
Hi Blackosx :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it is very well welcomed, appreciated and means a lot, since i'm a total theme & photoshop newbie :) And you're right, it takes a lot of work to do it without the proper know how :)

Thanks also for your "Creating Themes Guide" it's awesome, and it helps a lot, specially for newbies like myself :)

Last but not least, thanks for the information about the Chameleon file naming, i honestly didn't had a clue about it, otherwise i would have name them properly :) I'm all for "friendliness" :D

I just renamed all of the osx icons according to the list you've sent me, but before i upload all the themes again, i got to ask something, i noticed that there is a "device_hfsplus_recovery" icon in that list, should it be associated with the "time machine" icon or is that icon for other totally different purpose?

Kind regards
rmf_z
OSX 10.10.5 / Windows 10 Enterprise | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7-4770K 3.5 GHz | GSkill 16GB | EVGA GTX780 Ti SC 3GB

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
yw :)

The device_hfsplus_recovery.png icon is displayed for Recovery HD partitions which are automatically created by the OS X installer since 10.7 (I think). These are primarily used as a rescue option for genuine Mac's since they no longer come with restore DVD. They can also work with hacks too ;)

A time machine backup is different and is just personal to you.

The recovery icon in your theme can be anything you desire; but I wouldn't confuse it with time machine.

10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

rmf_z

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 10:29:05 PM »
Thanks for the clearing my doubts about those two icons and functions, since time machine is used for recovery, i thought they were somehow related :)
With that doubt out ot of the way the themes were uploaded with the naming corrections done :)

Thanks once again Blackosx for all the help and information :)
If you spot something else feel free to comment, and when you had the time, give the themes a go also, they are way better than my previous one and i'm sure your Maximus Gene will like all the 3 of them :D

Thanks
Kind regards
rmf_z

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: [Theme]  Republic of Gamers - ROG 
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 08:26:59 PM »
Just tried the ROG Red version of this theme and I like it!
Well done rmf_z. This is big, bold, clear and simple. Great job :D

rmf_z

Re: [Theme]  Republic of Gamers - ROG 
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:29:49 PM »
Thanks Blackosx :)