Chameleon > Theme Park

[Theme]  OSX Desktop 

(1/5) > >>

rmf_z:
Hello everyone,

This (not so simple) theme, is basically an OSX desktop, it was a pain to align everything together, it is finished, but it has a small positioning issue (could not figure it out how to align the “device_selection” in both startup screens (timeout & devices).
But although that small device positioning issue, the theme is 100% fully functional

After posting the theme, I was made aware that the positioning issue is in fact a knowned problem yet without resolution (Thanks Blackosx for the help & info :) ).

You can check the reported positioning issue here:
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/115/

As always it’s a 1920x1080 resolution theme, for Chameleon bootloader.
There's also a folder with LOTS of alternative icons if you have other OS/Drives, just browse it.

I wanted to keep the theme as flexible as possible, so there is also a psd file included, in case you want to replace the desktop background, the trash bins and resize the dock, which at the present size can hold up to 9 devices. :)

VERY IMPORTANT - As I’m using “rollover” images & “device_selection” in this theme, if you want to use alternative icons, be sure to copy both files to the main folder (OSX Desktop), ex. "device_hfsplus_mav" and "device_hfsplus_mav_o" if you use "Mavericks”.

You may wish to edit the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to turn off the "Boot Banner" and the "Legacy Logo”. :)

The thumb and preview images were taken with a phone cam, so they are not quite accurate...sorry  :( ...final result is better, just download and try ;)

As always I like to thank Blackosx, CosmosCj, Enzo, rzooff, kexlam, xenatt, DMAUTOS and many others for inspiration… :)

PS- Please, forgive my english mistakes, as English is not my native language   :)

Blackosx:
Hi rmf_z

I'm looking at the photo of your theme on my phone right now and from what I can tell, it looks fantastic. Well done!

Yes, I can see you have spent some time getting the individual elements in position though I won't be able to appreciate it fully until I get back my hack.

With regard to aligning the device selection graphic on both the timeout and main Ui screens, both I and Enzo have also encountered and posted about the same problem in the past. This is a known issue and I have not been able to get it fixed either with my own limited knowledge or by kind persuasion to the dev team, though I believe it's not a simple fix as both screens use different code.

I look forward to trying your theme soon, though it may not be until after the weekend.

Blackosx:
See here for reported positioning issue
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/115/

rmf_z:
Hi Blackosx

Thanks for the reply :)
I'm glad you liked the theme :) It was not that complicated to do, most of the work i had was icon creation and elements alignment :)
To be honest with you, i was afraid that you would say that this small issue was really a BIG issue :)
I didn't knew that the timeout screen and the main UI screen used different coding, i'm still a newbie in the theme scene, but always learning from the best :)
Thanks for the link, indeed the issue 115 sucks :(
Well, if this issue has no solution, don't worry, it's still a nice and fully functional theme, only thing is the "device_selection" misaligned in the timeout screen, it's more a visual issue than a functional one :)
If you have the time, you're welcomed to try my other themes too, i think you'll also like "Glowing Apple" too :)

Thank you very much :)
Kind regards

Blackosx:

--- Quote from: rmf_z on August 28, 2015, 12:58:55 AM ---If you have the time, you're welcomed to try my other themes too, i think you'll also like "Glowing Apple" too :)

--- End quote ---
I've just seen you've posted six themes since July. Nice!
Maybe you're the new theme maestro?  ;)

I'm away for this weekend but I'll check them out next week.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version