Author Topic: [Theme]  Apple Watch   (Read 34143 times)

rmf_z

[Theme]  Apple Watch 
« on: September 11, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
Hello everyone,

It's TIME to unveil my last theme, and this TIME it's a theme for everyone who enjoys this beautiful piece of jewellery :)
Feel free to comment or just say something if you like it, it’s always nice to know your opinion :)

As always it’s a 1920x1080 resolution theme for Chameleon bootloader.
There's also a folder with LOTS of alternative icons if you have other OS/Drives, just check it out.
I've also included 3 folders (one for every watch model) for you to choose from, i mean, not everyone likes the gold looking :)

You may wish to edit the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to turn off the "Boot Banner" and the "Legacy Logo" :)

The thumb and preview images were taken with a phone camera, so they are not accurate... sorry  :( ...final result is better, just download and try, it doesn’t hurt ;)

As always I like to thank Blackosx, CosmosCj, Enzo, rzooff, kexlam, xenatt, DMAUTOS and many others for inspiration :)

PS- Please, forgive my english mistakes, as English is not my native language   :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:16:10 PM by rmf_z »
OSX 10.10.5 / Windows 10 Enterprise | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7-4770K 3.5 GHz | GSkill 16GB | EVGA GTX780 Ti SC 3GB

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: [Theme]  Apple Watch 
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:05:35 AM »
This is a great theme rmf_z. Congrats! :D

However, you are using absolute positioning again: logo_pos_x = 804px
This is how it looks on my screen at 1440x1050.

Also Note: Background is sized at 1920x1080px 150dpi = 1.98MB. Only needs to be at 72dpi.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:08:14 AM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

rmf_z

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:40:15 PM »
Thanks Blackosx :)
I'm glad you like the theme :)

In my defense i can only say that i've initially built this theme using % positioning, until i get to the "progress bar" & "countdown" alignment, then i had to switch to absolute positioning, because it was the only way that i could fit them closer together with the "Volume Name", but i'm seeing that using AP is crap when the theme is converted to other resolutions (i've noticed that too in the photo you post on the Katana theme)... sorry  :-[
I'll try to use %P as much as i can in all my future themes, those with tech skills can edit the "theme.plist" to position the elements according to their resolution if any of them is misaligned, you're more than welcomed to do that, as i do not have the time, (nor the patience, to be honest, since each theme takes a lot of time and a lot of hard work) to do it for every existing resolution.....sorry  :-[
Is there any software that can convert a full theme into other resolutions? That would be awesome :)

Thanks
Kind regards :) 
OSX 10.10.5 / Windows 10 Enterprise | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7-4770K 3.5 GHz | GSkill 16GB | EVGA GTX780 Ti SC 3GB

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »
Well done for initially building the theme using % positioning. I understand that this does not give you pixel perfect placement so you are right to use whichever method you can to achieve the desired result. I only pointed it out to you just incase it may have been a mistake using absolute values. I’m happy to tweak themes myself so they fit nicely at my resolution, but be prepared for other users to question why the theme doesn't fit well on their screen ;)

I know how long it takes to design and then create a theme so I fully appreciate your stance with time and patience to tweak things post-release. Besides, themes are typically designed with the designers own resolution in mind and it’s up to the end user to make it work for their resolution so please continue with your excellent work. :D

For ref, did create a resizing themes guide to help in this situation.
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,237.0.html
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

rmf_z

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more Blackosx, that's exactly my thoughts too, of course i can do everything that's in my grasp to help, but if a final tweak or two are needed, that's up to the end user (Positioning it's not that hard, it only takes a bit of patience and a reading of your Creating Themes guide).
Thanks for the ref guide, i did already read it, it's very helpful, but since i only have one resolution to work with, it pretty much narrows it down a lot :)
Once again thank you for your words of encouragement and understanding :)

Kind regards :)

golephish

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:50:55 PM »
silly question. will these work with clover at all? I am just switching over and can't remember

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 09:25:13 PM »
Chameleon themes will not work with Clover though some themes could be converted.

allahjihadi

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »
Sup.