Author Topic: [Theme]  OSX Desktop   (Read 18206 times)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: [Theme]  OSX Desktop 
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 01:05:50 AM »
This is how it looks here at 1440x1050.

Is this how you intend it to be positioned?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:08:48 AM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

rmf_z

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
Yes, it was indeed, with the "countdown" just a little bit to the left, centered between the "logo" and the "device" icon :)
You can see in all my theme's preview photos, how i originaly intend them to be positioned, but feel free to correct any elements position if you like :)
I understand now that in order to flee from the "standard" centered apple positioning, one must take in account the %Positioning instead of Absolute Positioning for the themes to be correctly converted to other resolutions :)
Unfortunately, no AP, means less detailed themes, as you cannot fit the elements exactly where you want them with %P......balls lol :) :lol:

Thanks
Kind regards :)
OSX 10.10.5 / Windows 10 Enterprise | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7-4770K 3.5 GHz | GSkill 16GB | EVGA GTX780 Ti SC 3GB

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »
..but feel free to correct any elements position if you like :)
I will thank you :)

I understand now that in order to flee from the "standard" centered apple positioning, one must take in account the %Positioning instead of Absolute Positioning for the themes to be correctly converted to other resolutions :)
Great.

Unfortunately, no AP, means less detailed themes, as you cannot fit the elements exactly where you want them with %P......balls lol :) :lol:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I only advise using % as a guide to making themes more easily adpatable to different resolutions. This way you will find your theme may be used by more users. But there’s absolutely nothing wrong with sticking two fingers up to % and using pixel placement as it is the only way to control the elements for your resolution and sometimes this is necessary. For these, a simple notice to the user stating that using the theme on a resolution other than X:X may not look correct and will need tinkering with.  8)
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

rmf_z

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 04:33:10 PM »
Don't worry Blackosx, although English is not my native language, so far i understood you perfectly :)

Thanks
Kind regards :)

OSX 10.10.5 / Windows 10 Enterprise | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7-4770K 3.5 GHz | GSkill 16GB | EVGA GTX780 Ti SC 3GB

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 11:59:03 PM »
Hello,
Ugh that positioning issue...

I ran across it in my iPad theme. You remember what I did? I ended up doing a theme for EVERY common resolution and aligning it for each one! Blackosx helped me out using vmware to test them all out. It was a combination of %'s in the plist, but also an adjustment in the background image itself! I didn't bother to align for the 1st screen, my priority was the 2nd/selection screen. I wouldn't do another theme such as that one... haha. Simple, but just tedious.

rmf_z

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 02:42:57 AM »
Hi Enzo :)

Yes, that positioning issue, really sucks :)
Hats off for your patience and time to do a theme for every commom resolution, i simply don't have the time, and patience, as they say...it comes and it goes lol :) :lol:
I didn't bother to align the device selector in the 1st screen too, but from that point on, i avoid mixing the elements with the fixed background :)