Author Topic: Support for VIA VT1708B??  (Read 5889 times)

themacmeister

• Entrant
Support for VIA VT1708B??
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:46:53 AM »
This may need to be put in the "too hard" basket. I have not been able to find anyone who has this working fully (or even partially). The best is AppleAzalia.kext with stereo out only.

This is a shame, because the P5KPL-CM is a very cheap board, with good performance and compatibility (rock-solid stable). There is now an Attansic L1e driver for integrated network, and the sound chip is the only remaining problem. I never use anything more than stereo, but the AppleAzalia driver sometimes does not load, and I would really like microphone input. INPUT is all I need.

I have an SBLive5.1 as well, but the KxOSX driver project is moving very slowly indeed.

Any thoughts as to whether this is possible? or is it a completely different architecture to the ALC 886/888s ??

madwolf

• Entrant
Re: Support for VIA VT1708B??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »
Well, on Via website it says that it's Intel HDA compliant so I think it should work... Just try it out, delete AppleAzalia and AppleHDA and install voodoohda and see if it works for you.

derailed

• Entrant
Re: Support for VIA VT1708B??
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »
it works - with some minor issues - it gives you stereo output - but upmixed to 5.1 and also mic input. no prefpane and devices shown as unknown.