overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Latest Chameleon solved VoodooHDA problems.  (Read 12117 times)

almodovaris

• Entrant
Latest Chameleon solved VoodooHDA problems.
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »
I was using the Xiezhi loader and VoodooHDA 0.2.2 beta for Leopard 10.5.7 (Iatkos v7) on ASUS P5Q with Realtek ALC1200 HD Audio adapter.

I have recently installed the latest version of Chameleon RC2, and it solved the audio distortions I was having with VoodooHDA.

So, my advice to users who have problems with VoodooHDA is: install the latest Chameleon, and this may solve your sound problems.

epal

• Entrant
Re: Latest Chameleon solved VoodooHDA problems.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »

Hi,

which option did you choose ? HPETForce ?

Dearborn313mi

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:36:59 AM »
yeah not so much.... sigmatel 9250... Really frustrating tried everything from appleazaliaaudio.kext ( which said i had a detected card but no sound ) to voodooohda.kext ( everything SAYS its detected but DISTORTED sound ) ???

mkristof

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:29:11 PM »
yeah not so much.... sigmatel 9250... Really frustrating tried everything from appleazaliaaudio.kext ( which said i had a detected card but no sound ) to voodooohda.kext ( everything SAYS its detected but DISTORTED sound ) ???

I have distorted sound as well with sigmatel 9271d (intel dg33tl mobo) on snow leopard. when i used it on 10.5 it was perfect, without distortion.

harkoni

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 05:29:41 PM »
VoodooHDA 0.2.2 beta solved the mute problem for me, and the volume which was too low (with 0.2.1 final) which I can make higher (PCM Volume bar) now with the VOODOOHDA preference panel. So 2 problems solved compared to the original VoodooHDA I used.

1 new problem in 0.2.2 beta is; little distortion, not really annoying but you can hear it. When do these 'glitches' occur; the first 5-10 seconds something plays. So a skype conversation is distorted first 10 seconds, after that it's crystal clear. An iTunes song, same; crystal clear after 10 seconds, high or low volume. But e.g. Adium sound when someone comes on-line; distorted, because it's a short sound, but when adium sound plays and iTunes plays at the same time the Adium (or any apple) sound isn't distorted at all.

So seems that the sound has to 'warm up' for 5-10 seconds with some distorted 'cracks' (like an old radio) and after the 'warm-up' sound is perfect. Really strange.

Mobo; intel dp35dp
sound chipset; STAC 9271d
used: voodooHDA 0.2.2 beta + preference panel voodooHDA
bootloader: chameleon 1 (tried already chameleon 2 RC1 and RC2, but didn't work out so far.)

UPDATE 26/09/09: seems like the distortion becomes a little worse, so switched back to the older voodoohda.kext (258 KB). Ok, no mute, and always have to choose the PCM channel in preferences panel (called; ANALOG PCM 0: PCM) when computer is booted up for good volume, but sound is perfect again now with this older kext (volume strength is ok). So no 'cracks' anymore. Will have to wait till 0.2.2 final or so, maybe it's better then?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:44:41 PM by harkoni »