Author Topic: Paid work: Pointing Stick/Track Stick/TrackPoint  (Read 2279 times)

• Entrant
Paid work: Pointing Stick/Track Stick/TrackPoint
« on: August 18, 2009, 04:39:35 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude D830 as my hackintosh laptop, specifically because it has a trackstick. I'm perfectly capable of using a touchpad, and I am aware of all the features that can make the transition easier, but I prefer to use a trackstick. Thankfully appleps2controller works with the trackstick as long as it has no specific kexts (eg. ApplePS2Trackpad) loaded. However, this has three main drawbacks:

1: No specific considerations for the trackstick like inertia or tap-to-click.
2: No way to have the advanced touchpad features (ALPS GlidePoint) and trackstick at the same time.
3: No way to keep the trackstick and disable the touchpad (for those that would care to do so).

So, I would like to pay someone to rectify as many of these problems as possible. I know there are competent coders out there that could use a little extra cash. Here is the prioritization of the problems I would like fixed:

1: Using a trackstick while having a trackpad (touchpad) kext loaded. There are a few people developing ALPS kexts out there, it would be nice to have my trackstick and pick up the benefits of those kexts as well.
2: Tap-to-click, maybe inertia? plist settings would be fine.

I know that very few people have, or use, a trackstick and because it has some form of functionality it is not a priority. However, hopefully I can entice one of you to work on it anyway. I hope that the more basic functionality I'm looking for can be ported from Linux, allowing for blind coding that I could test. The end result must be available to the community with the source published. I'll pay after I can verify that problem one is fixed, and then we can negotiate further functionality.

Obviously, there is a price point where it is no longer practical to pay, given the functionality we currently have, but if you are interested please email me at and we can talk about payment.