Author Topic: Kernel panics on Lenovo S10e  (Read 2969 times)

eoren1

• Entrant
Kernel panics on Lenovo S10e
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »
So after much work, I managed to get 10.5.7 working on my Lenovo S10e.
I followed this guide to the letter:
http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/method1.shtml

And then used this one for the audio:
http://www.thekitch.com/mac/mac-osx-on-lenovo-s10-revisited

I basically had 10.5.7 working perfectly (except no sound) and then did this:
To get Audio working:
Delete the AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ (make a backup of it somewhere to be safe)
Copy the VoodooHDA.kext to the /Extra/LenovoS10Ext/ folder on your boot drive
Run UpdateExtra from the /Extra/ folder
Reboot
You’re done!

However, both times when I tried this (yes, I redid the install because I was stuck the first time and am again now), I get a popup message saying I need to restart. This occurs whether or not I boot in -x (safe mode) or regular. Again, I used the install above which relies on netbookmaker and netbookinstaller. With netbookinstaller, I installed Chameleon, generic kexts, showed the files and did the generate dsdt one. Left all others blank and successfully booted afterwards. It was only after the voodoo steps that I end up stuck.

I should point out that, rather than deleting AppleHDA.kext, I moved it to the desktop (and deleted the one in the original location) and I changed the name to AppleHDA - removed for sound.kext. 
Also, tried installing the VoodooHDA.kext via kexthelper as well as copying directly into the extra folder in the boot made by netbookinstaller.

So I'm wondering if someone has an answer for setting up the audio without fubar'ing my install and if there are any suggestions on recovering at this point.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone would help me boot into single user mode and remove the kexts manually.

Thanks,
E

Some shots of the error via iphone:

Kabyl

• VoodooLabs
Re: Kernel panics on Lenovo S10e
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:34:58 PM »
That meas it can't find/load AppleACPIPlatform, not related to VoodooHDA.

And please, don't ask for support here about solutions you use or get from other places.

eoren1

• Entrant
Re: Kernel panics on Lenovo S10e
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »
My apologies. I thought that the kernel panics were due to the voodoohda kext but now installed using a different method and have the voodoohda working well.
Sorry again
E