VoodooHDA > General Discussion

VoodooHDA PrefPane - Source

<< < (2/3) > >>

youminbuluo:

--- Quote from: shoarthing on August 26, 2009, 09:02:43 AM ---fassl - Hi - sorry you've been rudely hassled over your voluntary & mostly unaided work on this project.

If it is any consolation, I can tell you that many folk are really grateful & genuinely appreciative.

. . . .  credit & applause  :D  ;)  :D

--- End quote ---

thanks

Madghost:
hello,

I have a little icon for VoodooHDA prefpane.
It come from your logo and an icon from the crystal project by Everaldo released under GPL

so here is the prefpane and the PNG.

I don't know if it's possible/allowed and i don't know if you like it but i thought this great project must have an icon
Maybe another user can make his own and give it as a contribution, it would be better than this.

Thanks a lot for releasing such great piece of code to all the team

ole2:

--- Quote from: fassl on August 22, 2009, 06:29:43 PM ---I got several mails from people asking for the source code of this, and I gave it to them, no problem.

--- End quote ---

hello Fassl
I've tried to sync google code for voodoohda from here http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/
but it appeared to be empty (having no source files at all).
could you comment this issue? are there any plans to upload source code into? what is other way to get source and start helping by working on it too?
thanks
Ole2

mingo1976:

--- Quote from: sweec on August 24, 2009, 08:48:17 PM ---Thanks a lot for this. Some guys asked me to compile this for 64 bit snowleopard since they have no way to adjust sound volume in system's sound preference.
Compiled Snow Leopard (32/64) version is attached here for your convenience.

--- End quote ---

tkz very very much ... you saved me

r007:
I think there is a bug (or maybe several) in voodoohdahelper.c, in the function readSettings (line 150 onwards)

--- Code: ------ voodoohdahelper.c 2009-04-19 13:04:57.000000000 +0200
+++ voodoohdahelper_patched.c 2010-07-22 18:54:44.000000000 +0200
@@ -152,8 +152,8 @@
  ChannelInfo *info = 0;
  const char *ppath = "/Library/Preferences/VoodooHDA.settings";
  const char *home = getenv("HOME");
- char *path = (char*)malloc(strlen(home)+strlen(ppath));
- strncpy(path, home, strlen(home));
+ char *path = (char*)malloc((strlen(home)+strlen(ppath)+1)*sizeof(char));
+ strncpy(path, home, strlen(home)+1);
  strncat(path, ppath, strlen(ppath));

printf("settings file path: %s\n", path);

--- End code ---

path should be one character longer (to make room for the terminating NULL), and also should the NULL from home be copied over to path, so that strncat can find the proper end of path. strlen is just the numebr of characters, excluding the terminating NULL.

I was getting weird pathnames (either $HOME was missing the last character, or there was garbage between home and ppath), and this seems to have fixed it. The sizeof(char) may be redundant, but can't hurt if Apple ever chooses to make two-byte wide characters. :-/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version