Author Topic: (ATA)AHCIPortInjector.kext problem with ICH10 SATA (IDE MODE)  (Read 6768 times)

davidcmc

• Entrant
(ATA)AHCIPortInjector.kext problem with ICH10 SATA (IDE MODE)
« on: August 25, 2009, 10:30:10 PM »
I'm using an ICH10 based motherboard, which supports AHCI mode.
As everyone knows, Leopard is known to only recognize SATA of that chipset if you configure it to AHCI mode in BIOS.
However, after installing Chameleon 2.0 RC2, I've noticed that my SATA Ports (in IDE MODE) are being recognized. But that doesn't happen everytime I boot Leopard. When it's not recognized, I have to reboot 1 or 2 times so it can be properly recognized.
I didn't touch any of the ATA/SATA/AHCI kexts from Vanilla Leopard installation.
Also, I've noticed that Chameleon installs 2 kexts in my /Extra/Extensions folder. They are AHCIPortInjector.kext and ATAPortInjector.kext. I'm sure that one of them makes Leopard properly recognize my ICH10 SATA Port in IDE MODE.

Can anyone help me? Should I delete any kext from /System/Library/Extensions or modify the Plist.info from AHCIPortInjector.kext or ATAPortInjector.kext in /Extra folder?

It seems to be a conflict between one of those injectors in /Extra/Extensions folder and some kext in /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Thanks.

--David