Author Topic: 32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix  (Read 40099 times)

bcc9

• Observer
Here is an updated version of the VoodooPS2 kexts that works in both 32 and 64 bit mode.  I took dong/sweec's SL_PS2_Voodoo, compiled in trip2me's voodoops2keyboard improvements, fixed voodoops2keyboard to not swap command&option by default, and included my bug fix for the trackpad timeout.
As with dong's instructions:
With this version you need to use both the included AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and the VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  These kexts are for 10.6 only.

Sure wish we could get all of these changes merged into the "official" version.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:23:58 AM by bcc9 »

cnnn

• Entrant
Re: 32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:36:45 PM »
Where to install, /E/E or /S/L/E?

bcc9

• Observer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 06:57:35 PM »
I recommend /Extra/Extensions.  They work from there.

nobb1x

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 11:49:57 AM »
hello, ty for your work, i'm booting SL using an usb stick with chameleon 2 rc1 and netkas boot file, i placed both kexts on the E/E folder of the usb disk. I get keyboard working but not the mouse (i'm on a acer laptop, both keyb and trackpad are ps/2). They was working fine using 10.5.8 and voodoops2controller. for the record, i'm booting the 64bit kernel.

I'm using now an external usb mouse, but, there is something i can do to have the internal trackpad working?

BladeRunner

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
hello, ty for your work, i'm booting SL using an usb stick with chameleon 2 rc1 and netkas boot file, i placed both kexts on the E/E folder of the usb disk. I get keyboard working but not the mouse (i'm on a acer laptop, both keyb and trackpad are ps/2). They was working fine using 10.5.8 and voodoops2controller. for the record, i'm booting the 64bit kernel.

I'm using now an external usb mouse, but, there is something i can do to have the internal trackpad working?

On my system I had the same problem if I had the kext in /Extra/Extensions.  However, if I boot in single user mode and built a kextcache - /Extra/Extensions.mkext - the mouse would work after that.  I also renamed the Extensions folder after the kextcache was built.

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it is worth a try.  I keep my additional kext in a folder called /Extra/KextStore and always use the Extensions.mkext.  I update it using the following script which you are welcome to use if you wish.

Code: [Select]
lrh ~ $ cat /Extra/update.sh
#!/bin/bash

if [ $USER != "root" ]; then
   echo "Error ==> This script must be run as root"
   exit
fi

KEXT_SYSTEM="/System/Library/Extensions"
KEXT_ADD="./KextStore"
MKEXT="./Extensions.mkext"

echo "Updating EFI boot cache"
mv $MKEXT  $MKEXT.previous
chmod -R 644 $KEXT_ADD
chown -R root:wheel $KEXT_ADD

kextcache -a i386 -m $MKEXT  $KEXT_ADD     > update.log 2>&1
chmod 644 $MKEXT
chown root:wheel $MKEXT

echo "done."
Base system: HP Pavilion P6340f Desktop  Intel� Core2Quad�  CPU: Speed: 2.66 GHz   Package: Socket 775 LGA:  L2 Cache 2 x 2048 KB  RAM : 8.0 GB:  DDR3

Disks : 2 eSATA @ 2 TB (hardware raid 1), NAS 4 x 2 TB raid 5 Display : 21" Samsung on EVGA GeForce 9400 GT - PCIe - 1900x1080  Keyboard/mouse :  USB connected  OS Version : 10.6.0 from retail DVD + SW update to 10.6.5 - Kernel:  Vanilla mach_kernel

nobb1x

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »
yes, noob here, sorry
that you suggested worked great. i did the same as you and i got my mouse working.
Doing that i got voodoohda loaded too :)
Now its time to move on the EFI hidden partition ;)

proc_kcore

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 09:06:13 PM »
This is neat! I have PS/2 keyboard and mouse, and at first only the keyboard was working but not the mouse. After some trying, I went into /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ and deleted VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, used KextUtility to rebuild the caches, rebooted, and got the mouse!

So people with trackpads might try deleting (or moving to a safe place) VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

Thanks bcc9!

bcc9

• Observer
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
Thanks.  My laptop has a synaptics touchpad so I haven't seen any issue with the touchpad controller interfering with an ordinary mouse.  It would be good to verify whether you have that same problem with the stock 32bit version of voodoops2 and try to make a more general bug report assuming you do.

flip360

• Entrant
Thanks.  My laptop has a synaptics touchpad so I haven't seen any issue with the touchpad controller interfering with an ordinary mouse.  It would be good to verify whether you have that same problem with the stock 32bit version of voodoops2 and try to make a more general bug report assuming you do.

Thanks man!!!! deleting the trackpad.kext solved the problem and i have fully working smartpad :)))
i dont have any trackpad preferences in system preferences, is there some workaround for this?

cheers

bcc9

• Observer
i dont have any trackpad preferences in system preferences, is there some workaround for this?

cheers
I'm quoting from an insanelymac post I made on this topic:

"Regarding settings, my kext doesn't include the synaptics preference pane found in the voodoops2controller-0.98-installer.pkg. However that package installs the old 32-bit only kexts so it's out of date and overdue for an update. I've made a new package, attached that will only install the preference pane portion of that package.
This will give you additional config options under system preferences->VoodooPS2"
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=60269

indiandragon

• Entrant
32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 03:14:33 AM »
Good work there bcc9,

I got a Inspiron 1520 with synaptics touchpad, this Voodoo kext works well except for a small problem.
The single tap takes long time to respond. If the double tap speed is increased this problem gets fixed, but the double tap does not work good anymore.

Note : single click and double click through buttons works well.

Any one fixed this ???

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:16:50 AM by indiandragon »

yushir0

• Entrant
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 01:20:58 PM »
Could you please post the source code? Or at least where you got SL source from as i there's some keys that're not correctly defined.

Ty

bcc9

• Observer
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 12:09:40 AM »
My kext bundle is built from dong aka sweec's 32+64 bit SL_PS2_Voodoo kext, plus trip2me's keyboard improvements plus my trackpad timeout fix.
dong's portion is over here, still missing source code:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175372
The source for my trackpad fix is over here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,557.0.html
The source for trip2me's improvements are here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,304.0.html

You could follow up with dong/sweec to find the source he used.
The voodoo "team" should put the pieces together I think and update the "official" version.  Not much more I can do with no bug tracking database or source code repository.

oldnapalm

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »
Hi bcc9,

your version is working fine on my Aspire 5920 laptop, I only have one small issue. When system wakes from sleep, it's like if the keys "9" and "~" were pressed, keyboard keeps typing "9~9~9~9~9~9~9~......" and the warning sound is played in loop. If any key is pressed it stops. Actually that also happens with dong's version. If the keyboard kext isn't loaded, system sleeps and wakes immediately.

Any hint on how this could be fixed?

Thank you.

bcc9

• Observer
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 05:19:17 AM »
Fjtorsol submitted a fix to dong for stuck keys, here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175372&view=findpost&p=1298173 and dong built a newer release at that point.  If that newer release doesn't solve things for you, I recommend you take it up in that thread.  If it does solve things, then I I'd recommend having him build with my and trip2me's changes. 

And/or, dong could contribute back his 64 bit changes to voodooprojects.org and the voodoo "team" would put it all together.