VoodooPS2Controller > General Discussion

32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix

(1/5) > >>

bcc9:
Here is an updated version of the VoodooPS2 kexts that works in both 32 and 64 bit mode.  I took dong/sweec's SL_PS2_Voodoo, compiled in trip2me's voodoops2keyboard improvements, fixed voodoops2keyboard to not swap command&option by default, and included my bug fix for the trackpad timeout.
As with dong's instructions:
With this version you need to use both the included AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and the VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  These kexts are for 10.6 only.

Sure wish we could get all of these changes merged into the "official" version.

cnnn:
Where to install, /E/E or /S/L/E?

bcc9:
I recommend /Extra/Extensions.  They work from there.

nobb1x:
hello, ty for your work, i'm booting SL using an usb stick with chameleon 2 rc1 and netkas boot file, i placed both kexts on the E/E folder of the usb disk. I get keyboard working but not the mouse (i'm on a acer laptop, both keyb and trackpad are ps/2). They was working fine using 10.5.8 and voodoops2controller. for the record, i'm booting the 64bit kernel.

I'm using now an external usb mouse, but, there is something i can do to have the internal trackpad working?

BladeRunner:

--- Quote from: nobb1x on September 06, 2009, 11:49:57 AM ---hello, ty for your work, i'm booting SL using an usb stick with chameleon 2 rc1 and netkas boot file, i placed both kexts on the E/E folder of the usb disk. I get keyboard working but not the mouse (i'm on a acer laptop, both keyb and trackpad are ps/2). They was working fine using 10.5.8 and voodoops2controller. for the record, i'm booting the 64bit kernel.

I'm using now an external usb mouse, but, there is something i can do to have the internal trackpad working?

--- End quote ---

On my system I had the same problem if I had the kext in /Extra/Extensions.  However, if I boot in single user mode and built a kextcache - /Extra/Extensions.mkext - the mouse would work after that.  I also renamed the Extensions folder after the kextcache was built.

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it is worth a try.  I keep my additional kext in a folder called /Extra/KextStore and always use the Extensions.mkext.  I update it using the following script which you are welcome to use if you wish.

--- Code: ---lrh ~ $ cat /Extra/update.sh
#!/bin/bash

if [ $USER != "root" ]; then
   echo "Error ==> This script must be run as root"
   exit
fi

KEXT_SYSTEM="/System/Library/Extensions"
KEXT_ADD="./KextStore"
MKEXT="./Extensions.mkext"

echo "Updating EFI boot cache"
mv $MKEXT  $MKEXT.previous
chmod -R 644 $KEXT_ADD