overdue-scratch

Author Topic: 32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix  (Read 40091 times)

oldnapalm

Re: 32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
Thanks, it solves the problem.

But the source for dong's build isn't available, is yours? I would like to have Fjtorsol fix together with the fix to not swap command and option by default.

bcc9

• Observer
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 07:05:53 AM »
Thanks, it solves the problem.

But the source for dong's build isn't available, is yours? I would like to have Fjtorsol fix together with the fix to not swap command and option by default.

Yes, scroll back 3 posts.
However, not swapping command&option by default is just an info.plist change, and that's just a packaging change not a source code change.   

rameshb_v

• Entrant
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
I have HP dv2500t laptop which has Synaptics touchpad with Snow Leopard. I did the follwoiing:

1. Deleted the ApplePS2Controller.kext from /S/L/E
2. Deleted the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from /S/L/E
3. Using Kext Utility, Installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext .
4. kext Utility rebuild the cache.
5. Rebooted.

Now my Keyboard and trackpad, both are not working. Any help please....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 12:21:32 AM by rameshb_v »

Hyper

• Entrant
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 03:22:52 PM »
I realized a small problem with this kext. It Checks for keyboard first then if no keyboard is found it will not check for the mouse. Is there anyway to change it so it looks for the Mouse first? I REALLY need this, thank you.

rameshb_v

• Entrant
Here is an updated version of the VoodooPS2 kexts that works in both 32 and 64 bit mode.  I took dong/sweec's SL_PS2_Voodoo, compiled in trip2me's voodoops2keyboard improvements, fixed voodoops2keyboard to not swap command&option by default, and included my bug fix for the trackpad timeout.
As with dong's instructions:
With this version you need to use both the included AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and the VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  These kexts are for 10.6 only.

Sure wish we could get all of these changes merged into the "official" version.

Does these even work for ALPS trackpad for a laptop ?

smith@@

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 02:18:33 AM »
With version to 64 bit on my ALPS trackpad i have lost the 2 finger scrolling. Is there this version to 64 with 2 finger scrolling? This version work well to 64, but if possible add the 2 finger scroll for ALPS ?

Thanks ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:47:56 AM by smith@@ »

kajko4u

• Entrant
Work fine with OSX 10.6.4 in 64bit mode on ASUS M50VM laptop (synaptic TrackPad).
Everything work fine, TrackPad, with 2 fingers scrolling , keyboard.
Thanks a lot :)

KhronX

• Entrant
I seem to have hit somewhat of a dead-end...

Before installing these two kexts, i COULD boot into 64bit mode, but obviously, with no kb / touchpad, only my usb mouse working. All is well in 32bit mode though.

The dead-end is this: when booting normally, into 64bit, it passes the grey boot screen with the Apple logo, then gives a light blue background, then a slightly darker one, and it freezes. No more disk activity, no kernel panic, nothing...

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite A100-011 (C2duo T5600 1.83GHz, 4GB DDR2, GF Go7600 256DDR2), dual-booting Windows Server 2008R2 with Chameleon. Vanilla kernel, 10.6.6.

If someone has some idea why this happens, drop a line...

Many thanks in advance,
Chris