VoodooPS2Controller > General Discussion

32&64 bit version with trip2me's keyboard fixes and my trackpad timeout fix

<< < (2/5) > >>

nobb1x:
yes, noob here, sorry
that you suggested worked great. i did the same as you and i got my mouse working.
Doing that i got voodoohda loaded too :)
Now its time to move on the EFI hidden partition ;)

proc_kcore:
This is neat! I have PS/2 keyboard and mouse, and at first only the keyboard was working but not the mouse. After some trying, I went into /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ and deleted VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, used KextUtility to rebuild the caches, rebooted, and got the mouse!

So people with trackpads might try deleting (or moving to a safe place) VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

Thanks bcc9!

bcc9:
Thanks.  My laptop has a synaptics touchpad so I haven't seen any issue with the touchpad controller interfering with an ordinary mouse.  It would be good to verify whether you have that same problem with the stock 32bit version of voodoops2 and try to make a more general bug report assuming you do.

flip360:

--- Quote from: bcc9 on September 22, 2009, 05:47:08 PM ---Thanks.  My laptop has a synaptics touchpad so I haven't seen any issue with the touchpad controller interfering with an ordinary mouse.  It would be good to verify whether you have that same problem with the stock 32bit version of voodoops2 and try to make a more general bug report assuming you do.

--- End quote ---

Thanks man!!!! deleting the trackpad.kext solved the problem and i have fully working smartpad :)))
i dont have any trackpad preferences in system preferences, is there some workaround for this?

cheers

bcc9:

--- Quote from: flip360 on November 09, 2009, 12:01:42 AM ---i dont have any trackpad preferences in system preferences, is there some workaround for this?

cheers

--- End quote ---
I'm quoting from an insanelymac post I made on this topic:

"Regarding settings, my kext doesn't include the synaptics preference pane found in the voodoops2controller-0.98-installer.pkg. However that package installs the old 32-bit only kexts so it's out of date and overdue for an update. I've made a new package, attached that will only install the preference pane portion of that package.
This will give you additional config options under system preferences->VoodooPS2"
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=60269

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version