Chameleon > Spin-Off Projects

[Utility] BootCDMaker

(1/5) > >>

Trauma:
BootCDMaker is simple utility to rapidly create Chameleon BootCD. This application use a mix of bash & osascript (AppleScript).

Using BootCDMaker is really easy and simple:

1.   Grab your Mkext / smbios.plist / DSDT.aml / mach_kernel and drop them in "BootCD Contents" folder. (be sure to respect standard file syntax)
   2.   If you don't add you com.apple.boot.plist to "Extra Contents" it will be generated automatically. 
   3.   BootCDMaker features :

- Automatic NVIDIA graphics injection
- Ethernet built-in injection
- EHCIacquire (USB2) fix
- UHCIreset (USB1.1) fix
- Skip the SSDT tables while relocating the DSDT table
- Use the legacy grey apple logo
- Custom kernel flags edition
- Custom device-properties edition
- Legacy mode : this will create an old fashioned boot cd, known as BOOT-132 CD, but powered by the latest release of chameleon. This should fix BIOS incompatibility with chameleon built in Eltorito loader.
- Mkext creation utility
- ISO Burning utility

6.   BootCDMaker will automatically backup the previous BootCD.iso build to the "Desktop/BootCDMaker-Out/Previous-BootCD" folder.

What mode should you use :

Default : if you have a recent computer you should try this.
Legacy : if Default is not loading (hang at boot) try this.

Version history :

- "0.7" include the latest build of chameleon's cdboot (r658)

- "0.8" Added support for automatic custom kernel loading. Simply drop your kernel with other files. The kernel file must be named "mach_kernel" in order to be included automaticly in the boot.plist file. If not you will have to edit the plist yourself.

- "1" Added Legacy / Default options, selection of GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBultIn options et original ArtWorks. Also some code cleaning and optimizing.

- "1.1" Added Erase/Burning features, more chameleon options, code refactoring & optimizations, GUI enhancements. BootCDMaker is now fully compatible with 10.5 & 10.6.  :P

- "1.1f" Added choice to Burn or Erase & Burn. Previous version was always erasing and then burning...

- "1.2" The app now supports spaces in path, BootCDMaker should now run from mostly everywhere. Added plist correction in case you remove DSDT, Kernel or smbios.plist from "Extra Contents" but leave the boot.plist. Added device-propeties edition and an options to remove chameleon GUI. Removing chameleon GUI should fix EBIOS errors for everyone, i hope ;)

-  "1.5" Now with COCOA GUI and a lot more options, bootloader updated to PCEFI v10.3.

-  "1.6" EBIOS errors fixed, Disable CHameleon GUI has been removed. ISO should works fine from all type of media now. (Thanks to iNDi)

Enjoy this little piece of software 

Thanks to : zef, sonotone, JrCs

BootCDMaker_1.6 : http://www.darwinx86.net/software

Trauma Edit: Corrected link to point to the dedicated software page.

CHOPPER:
Hey Nice Work,

I don't know why but it hangs on CD Boot ok......... then nothing happens

I also tried on Laptop and i Get Ebios Error

???

Trauma:

--- Quote from: CHOPPER on September 08, 2009, 01:18:36 AM ---Hey Nice Work,

???

--- End quote ---

Do you mean the CD itself hang when loading ?

CHOPPER:

--- Quote from: Trauma on September 08, 2009, 01:28:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: CHOPPER on September 08, 2009, 01:18:36 AM ---Hey Nice Work,

???

--- End quote ---

Do you mean the CD itself hang when loading ?

--- End quote ---

Yeah the cd hangs on cd boot ok....,

it might have something to do with the fact that i have a Ide CD-Drive

Have you tested it on ide or only sata?

BladeRunner:
I tried it, but I won't be able to use it.

I need a patched kernel and this tool does not appear to  allow for that.  Also, given the current design, the Extras folder does not operate like a true folder. I can't "cd" into it or use  a terminal session to copy files into it.  That makes placing some invisible files like my kernel or DSDT.aml unreasonably hard.

I think the app has promise, with some design changes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version