overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Questions about the Themes and DSDT.aml  (Read 4884 times)

osxfr33k

• Observer
Questions about the Themes and DSDT.aml
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:48:54 AM »
I originally installed RC2 into without thinking as standard in snow. I then replaced the boot with RC3 boot. I decided to reinstall RC2 but this time chose HFS and all the options, themes etc. It did not install the themes.  One really nice thing is it put the /extra from where it was installed from the root of the Hard drive originally to /EFI/Extra but did not install the themes. I went ahead and manually put them in /EFI/Extra but cannot access them from the chameleon boot menu.

Should the DSDT be in the /EFI or EFI/Extra?

There was a thread on the DSDT stuff.  My question is if I have a some hwat patched DSDT that boots up fine with minor issues like the Orange Icons or Sleep issue.  Can I run DSDTSE editor/patcher by the group EvOsx86 again from a booted up Snow that has already loaded that incomplete patched DSDT.aml?

I know they say its better to extract it from a Linux Live Boot CD such as Ubuntu or Windows XP using Koalala Patcher?

I had someone work on a fresh DSDT for me and they wanted an IOREG dump from Snow and to get an extracted DSDT using the Cat command in from linux.

I tired his version and he may have put in the usual RTC, HPET and GTGP fixes but the Orange Icons, Sleep and a my Audio stopped working.

I have an Asus Motherboard and another member of Insanely put out a really good DSDT but I got a kernel panic with it maybe the RC2 version not sure but I made a fresh DSDT extract using DSDTSE and also installed RC3 and the panic was taken care of.

I still get a kernel panic when I launch Chess but have checked my NV 7300 GT with the usual Utils and Dashboard so acceleration works and no panics there just in Chess?

One more thing about that DSDTSE is its a great interface with all the hacks you most likely need but where to place them in your DSDT you extracted is so difficult?  SOme of them explain where but some of the hacks do not.

I can't figure out why that hack cannot get inserted automatically in the correct place then you can tweak from there?

Thanks  and Sorry about spending too much time on the DSDT in my post.

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
Re: Questions about the Themes and DSDT.aml
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:11:38 AM »
First and foremost: make sure that you have installed Chameleon into 1 single place to avoid SNAFU

Secondly: themes are easy to troubleshoot as long as you keep their names and respective keys/strings in com.apple.Boot.plist coherent

Lastly: DSDT is a whole different topic in itself. Don't mix different topics in one single thread as the thread will get pretty ugly/useless. The official Chameleon docs explain where to put DSDT.aml.
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives

osxfr33k

• Observer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »
Thanks.  I don't see any Key or strings in the com.apple.plist.  Is there a link on how to set that up so I have a themes menu at bootup?

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
Try having a read of the Documentation. There has been a lot of hard work lately by various members including rocksteady to help avoid answering the same questions over and over again.

Go here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,767.0.html and download 'Using Chameleon 2RC.rtf' from the first post and scroll down to the 'Below are the config keys controlling how Chameleon operates' section to find the bit about <key>Theme</key>.

Also have a look at the Chameleon FAQ's here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,754.0.html to help give you some answers to future questions.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:57:25 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

osxfr33k

• Observer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
Thanks that does answer all my questions.  Need to delete another thread I started.