Author Topic: [NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad  (Read 38032 times)

mackerintel

• VoodooLabs
Re: Stuck keys, no touchpad
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
look at kextstat to see what is loaded. Do you use a modded kernel? Could you try with vanilla or voodoo kernel?

amgupt01

• Entrant
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 02:09:57 PM »
I'm currently using Vanilla...
When I run the kextstat command in the terminal, I see a "org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub" but I don't know where it is located because it is definitely not in the /System/Library/Extensions folder...

Shoesy

• Entrant
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 03:27:41 PM »
I had all these problems - solved by deleting all the PS2 related files and repairing permissions, my extra kext was called 'AppleCPIPS2Nub.kext' or something (I made it go away now mmmm fraid!)

Ended up with three preference panes for trackpad tho, deleted keyboard.pref and replaced with 10.5.6 version (I was previously using saved 10.5.5)... Left with two now - 'trackpad' (default apple settings) and voodooPS2 (voodoo settings). They seem to both function, but it is a little confusing what to set where.

A couple of niggles with it but will post these separately...

On the whole- thanks a lot voodoo guys - two finger scrolling works! yay!

amgupt01

• Entrant
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
When I ran kextstat, I found the line
Code: [Select]
38    0 0x34dce000 0x2000     0x1000     org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <19 18 12> but I don't know WHERE this kext is located...

mackerintel

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
When I ran kextstat, I found the line
Code: [Select]
38    0 0x34dce000 0x2000     0x1000     org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <19 18 12> but I don't know WHERE this kext is located...

Inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext? Or in your Extra?

amgupt01

• Entrant
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
Inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext? Or in your Extra?
Haha, whoops.  I didn't know that kexts could be within kexts!  I found it inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext. I deleted it and I'll install VoodooPS2Controller and reboot and post my results here again.

EDIT: YAY! It works perfectly! Once I rebooted after deleting the ACPIPS2Nub.kext, all of the PS2 stuff worked perfectly again! The Multifinger scrolling is WAAY more stable than with FFScroll and is much smoother!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:01:31 PM by amgupt01 »

slashack

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »
I installed stock ACPI, removed all PS2 drivers and installed voodoops2controller package with trackpad. Keyboard worked, usb mouse too, but trackpad went crazy (i think there are some strange values so speed is really weird). I removed voodoops2controller.kext and installed from package without trackpad. I got keyboard and trackpad with tapping but not scrolling. So i think the trackpad plugin kext from voodoops2controller didn't worked for me (ALPS on an inspiron 1420).

Acid7711

• Entrant
Re: [FIXED] Stuck keys, no touchpad
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »
Not fixed for me....

"acids-macbook-air:~ acid$ kextstat | grep PS2
   65    2 0x3449e000 0x5000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller (1.1.0) <12>
   80    0 0x2e1f9000 0x3000     0x2000     com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Keyboard (1.1.0) <65 24 12>
   81    0 0x346d3000 0x5000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad (1.1.0) <65 24 12>
"

Those files are inside ApplePS2Controller which I had to revert back to using.  There is no Nub of any sort anywhere. Stock ACPI I believe, and Voodoo kernel.

geiman

• Entrant
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 03:44:12 PM »
Thank you guys, forgot about the one hiding in appleacpi.  Kext works great now, my trackpad is once again functional.

gustavolessa

• Observer
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »
I'm having the same problem!!

I removed all the ps2 controller (appleps2controller, voodoops2controller, acpips2nub).
When I enter in terminal kextstat, there's nothing related to PS2.

- Does the hidden one (appleacpi) appears in the kextstat list??

- How do I remove it? I don't know the path to this hidden kext.

What I tried:
- booted with -s and deleted all ps2 related kext on the kextstat list.
- Rebooted, and fixed the permissions with osxtools.
- Rebooted, and tried the voodoo installer again >>> SAME PROBLEM, STUCK KEYS!  :'(

Please help me. I at least borrowed an USB keyboard from a friend. Thou, I can config without any problem.
But I really need this ps2 controller, cause I'm from Brazil, and with this voodoo controller, I can configure correctly my keyboard layout. WIth appleps2controller, \ and / keys remain dead.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sorry if I made any dumb question, but I'm new on Mac.  ;D

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »
By doing kexstat after having removed everything do you still have ACPIPS2Nub ?

Maybe it is inside /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Maybe it is inside your Extra folder (on the hidden Efi partition) if you use it.

gustavolessa

• Observer
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »

Maybe it is inside /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Maybe it is inside your Extra folder (on the hidden Efi partition) if you use it.

Thanks for the fast reply.

kextstat after removing everything lists NO ACPIPS2Nub (and no voodoops2 and appleps2). There's anything more to remove?

But I dunno why, after that, when I run the package of voodoops2controller, it installs nicely, but still gives me stuck keys. Any idea?

Thanks one more time!

Acid7711

• Entrant
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »

Thanks for the fast reply.

kextstat after removing everything lists NO ACPIPS2Nub (and no voodoops2 and appleps2). There's anything more to remove?

But I dunno why, after that, when I run the package of voodoops2controller, it installs nicely, but still gives me stuck keys. Any idea?

Thanks one more time!

I can't find it anywhere on the system.  It's been removed, still the same problem arises.

gustavolessa

• Observer
Re: [NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »
Same here.

I removed everything related to PS2 controllers.
I've looked into AppleACPI and removed Nub kext.

Rebooted, reinstall voodoo, and.... STUCK KEYSS!!! lol

slashack

Re: [NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »
Did u tried without installing trackpad? Inside voodoops2controller there are 3 kexts. Delete the trackpad one, just keep the mouse and keyboard one. I had the same issue, it was the trackpad driver. Does it works without trackpad kext?