Author Topic: [NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad  (Read 38016 times)

Acid7711

• Entrant
[NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »
First off, I can't thank you guys enough for developing this! I would love to get this to work!  I'm looking very forward to finally having a workable scrolling ability!

Unfortunately, when I install this, no matter what options I choose to install with, upon reboot the mouse pad (laptop trackpad) does not work. External USB mouse works (and external usb keyboard but it gives same stuck key syndrome as with build in keyboard). The problem however is that it acts like I have a stuck key.

Booting with verbose mode enabled shows TONS of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@‘s being loaded and typed. I can’t type anything into anything on the screen or I get something like a stuck key syndrome.  It appears to repeat 7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7 over and over again.

I noticed that it gives red errors loading the appleps2controller.kext on verbose mode when the voodoops2controller kext is loaded as well.  Maybe this is on purpose.

I really hope I can get this sorted out! I'm very excited to see this being worked on!!

Thanks for any help you guys can offer :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:12:52 AM by Acid7711 »

mackerintel

• VoodooLabs
Re: Stuck keys, no touchpad
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:57:04 PM »
Delete both appleps2controller.kext and acpips2nub

smed

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:23:11 PM »
Deleting the files did not fix the non-stop beeping, trackpad and keyboard that do not work, and every second (or so) startup fails with a kernel panic. All of this started with the installation of voodoops2controller.

slashack

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »
same for me here. Inspiron 1420. ALPS touchpad. I removed ApplePS2Controller.

The keyboard is dead and it always prints 77777777777. In verbose mode there are @@@@@@@@@.

Before VoodooPS2Controller, i also had issues with this 777777777s being printed. Sometimes happened that the 7 key was stuck, but it was the PS2 controller, not the keyboard. Until i pressed any key or button in the touchpad, the 7 key kept stuck. This happened whenever i was typing and i accidentaly touched the touchpad

billak

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »
Works Grate for me. Thank you all Developers for that wonderful scrolling. Using Aspire One.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:02:24 AM by billak »

amgupt01

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:09:47 AM »
I'm having the same problems with an Acer Extensa 4620-4648 and I went to single-user mode and deleted the ApplePS2Controller.kext, too.

It's really annoying me because it was working perfectly before I decided to try VoodooPS2Controller but I just decided to try it because of the scrolling...

Please help.

billak

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 01:28:52 AM »
I had the same issues. solved them.
1.Connect USB Mouse and Keyboard.
2. On chameleon boot loader prompt type -s
3. # mount -uw /
4. rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext
5. rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIPS2Numb.kext
6. rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
7. reboot normaly
8. reinstall package
9. reboot

sorry for my english
good luck.

amgupt01

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »
3. # mount -uw /
7. reboot normaly
8. reinstall package
9. reboot

sorry for my english
good luck.

Tried that and all it does is make it so that my keyboard works, but my touchpad doesn't work at all. When I go to the Preference pane that was installed by the setup, I get a message saying  "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found" even though I'm 100% sure that my laptop's touchpad IS a Synaptic one.

Thanks!

Acid7711

• Entrant
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 02:42:29 AM »
3. # mount -uw /
7. reboot normaly
8. reinstall package
9. reboot

sorry for my english
good luck.

Tried that and all it does is make it so that my keyboard works, but my touchpad doesn't work at all. When I go to the Preference pane that was installed by the setup, I get a message saying  "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found" even though I'm 100% sure that my laptop's touchpad IS a Synaptic one.

Thanks!

I too tried to, but with other results.  Upon booting verbose mode, I'm still getting the @@@@@@@@@@'s like there's a stuck key.  Additionally, kernel panics. :(

BTW, this is on a Toshiba A135-477, iAtkOs v5i

mackerintel

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 03:17:16 AM »
3. # mount -uw /
7. reboot normaly
8. reinstall package
9. reboot

sorry for my english
good luck.

Thanks!
You probably have another ps2-related kext lost in your system. vps2c likes to be alone

Acid7711

• Entrant
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 04:52:11 AM »
You probably have another ps2-related kext lost in your system. vps2c likes to be alone
I do remember selecting something related to an ACPI PS2 in the iAtkOs install.  But I'm not sure what the file is. : /

Straight from their website:

"You can choose x86 modified ACPI driver for PS2 mouse/keyboard and also PS2 driver can sure manage that but it is not a good choice for upgradable systems."

"For upgradable systems, I advice you to use x86 ACPI driver instead of this."

That is what I choose.  The x86 ACPI driver.  I did not install the ACPIPS2Nub.kext.

Acid7711

• Entrant
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 05:26:56 AM »
So I replaced the appleacpiplatform with a stock version I think.  Removed the appleps2controller kext, and as soon as I installed voodoo I got immediate 77777777777777777 again.  I rebooted, and kernel panic yet again :/

billak

• Entrant
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 07:26:15 AM »
3. # mount -uw /
7. reboot normaly
8. reinstall package
9. reboot

sorry for my english
good luck.

Thanks!

Try to do
diskutil repairPermissions /

Acid7711

• Entrant
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 10:14:20 AM »
Well. I decided to get it a try, I installed iPcOsx 10.5.6 onto the Laptop.  I selected no Ps2 drivers of any sort during the install.

I installed the Voodoops2controller, just as before.  I don't get kernel panics any more, however I still have no mouse.  Same issue with the keyboard as well. :(

amgupt01

• Entrant
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »
Yeah, i booted into single-user mode and did a
Code: [Select]
rm -rf /System/Library/extensions/*PS2*.kext but when I boot up and reinstall the VoodooPS2Controller and reboot, I have the same problems... I'm currently running with the VoodoPS2Controller.kext removed as well because that way I can at least use an external mouse and keyboard without 7's appearing whenever 'm tying to type...