Author Topic: Booting SL 64 bit using Chameleon 2 + PCEFI 1.01 in a real Mac EFI32???  (Read 3437 times)

Michelasso

• Entrant
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I really couldn't find anything in the Internet. Netkas in his blog answering to guy wrote that it is possible to use Chameleon in a real Mac to get the 64 bits kernel available:

http://netkas.org/?p=127

Hello. I install SL on my MacBook2,1, but i cannot boot in 64bits mode. It is possible install PC_efi on real mac for boot en 64bits mode?
How can i create USB for try it?

Thanks a lot

///get usb stick, partition it as mbr drive with 1 hfs partition, in disk utility
///install chameleon2 rc2 to this disk, uncheck any extra kexts in install configuration
///replace “boot” file in root of this disk ( its hidden by default), with boot file from pcefi v10.1
///boot from this stick.

Now, I followed these instructions step by step. Partitioned the USB key as MBR with file system HFS+. I tried RC1, RC2 and RC3. With both "boot" from PCEFI 1.01 and 1.03. I also found some prepackaged downloads with PCEFI already installed. I installed Chameleon manually as well because the Installer gives a failure. The best I could achieve has been to get the USB icon in the EFI boot screen when pressing option (alt). Clicking on that it just boots in the normal way. I have never got the Chameleon screen appearing.

I'am not an expert in EFI bootladers made for PC BIOS so I need to know: can a real Mac run Chameleon? And if so, what am I doing wrong? I asked Netkas himself but he never answered. Any explanation would be very appreciated. Thanks!