Great idea, looks also great, but it is not working like it should.
All issues are confirmed on other hacks...
1. Unable to update or create smbios.plist (yes, I wrote down password )
2. Application doesn't read (all?) data from existing com.apple.Boot.plist - device properies. So after edit & save, for ex. EFI String, disapears.
3. In smbios menu, I'd like to choose "DDR2" memory type rather then "19" etc.
4. Maybe it is possible to "move" password request funcion? I think it should appear just after pressing "save" button.
But, as I wrote above, the idea is great. And I'm really gratefull that you're doing this app. So I hope it will be fully funcional soon
Thanks for report.
1. smbios.plist permissions can only be overwritten in /Extra/smbios.plist (from pref window). If the Extra as no write permissions for your account, then you can't create a new smbios.plist inside.
the explanation is i've not implemented permissions elevations into the app. This is not a simple task for cocoa/objective-c, and the Apple's documentation is quite complex about that, and i need to manage security risk. (if someone can help with that...).
So, the best way at this moment is to allow read/write to /Extra and children's for you account with finder or terminal if you want to rebuild files. Chameleon doesn't care about that.
2. I can't reproduce you issue with dev-props. Make sure you don't have Chameleon graphics ou ethernet injections activated in same time, cause chameleon will ignore dev-props. So i've followed this rule, if dev-props are found, you can't add GraphicsEnabler or EthernetBuiltIn...etc
I've just made an update to warm about that at startup.
Non vaild entries are removed during saving, if i miss a valid one, let me know.
3. Yes, it's totally possible
4. This is connected to the first problem. Actually, i prefer users change file's permissions themself instead of Lizard, because i want they know what's happening. As soon i found the way to save with root privileges, i mean without modifying permissions, it will be like that.