Author Topic: [Utility] Lizard: a little app for Chameleon (update 0.62)  (Read 131090 times)

sonotone

• Observer
Re: Lizard: a little app for Chameleon
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »
I'm preparing a chameleon's install/update module for Lizard.
As i'm only running with SL, and i can't deeply test it on Leopard, i would like some testers for Leopard.
Trauma already test it, things appears ok, but if 1 or 2 more persons can test it, it will be great, cause there is some changes in diskutil since 10.6 (i use it to retrieve partitions infos).

Basically, the module allow you to install boot1h, boot0 and boot one desired partition. You also can install Extras files (just for rc3 bin archive).
Bin archives can be displayed and downloaded from chameleon.osx86.hu. There also is an update checker if a new dowload link is found.

PS: The "ddr2 (default)" bug  should be fixed.

Thanks,.
Link: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1034555/lizard/Lizard-0.5-test.zip

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »
Sources available. Link in first post.

krrr

• Entrant
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 04:38:16 PM »
I'm preparing a chameleon's install/update module for Lizard.
As i'm only running with SL, and i can't deeply test it on Leopard, i would like some testers for Leopard.
Trauma already test it, things appears ok, but if 1 or 2 more persons can test it, it will be great, cause there is some changes in diskutil since 10.6 (i use it to retrieve partitions infos).

Okay, I tested on Leopard 10.5.6 (yet to update i know i know) . i already have chameleon 2 rc3 installed here on this pc, i tried to browse the top four tabs and came back at first screen. the text were then messed up.

what exactly are test steps? should i make some ISO then load it on USB and then try to boot it? and install cham?

Edit: BTW , this is Fantastic effort by you specially when you are starting on cocoa :) . Are you good with Objective C? and then tried your hand @ Cocoa ? I want to dip my legs too , already downloaded entire Stanford video lecture podcast for iphone development .
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:55:49 PM by krrr »

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:09:56 PM »
Just need some test with the installer module.

Can you tell me when this strange things happen?
A log from console can be also very usefull.
Thanks.

krrr

• Entrant
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »
Just need some test with the installer module.

Can you tell me when this strange things happen?
A log from console can be also very usefull.
Thanks.

This strange thing happens randomly, there is no particular pattern of tabs i have to press, check new one in screenshot.
*How to get logs ?

*BTW why is this app trying to connect to some online-poker? i downloaded it from that dropbox url you pasted above.

let me know how i can help further on this.

Also i have fully Updated Mac OSX 10.5.8 at my main desktop and old chameleon , let me know should i try installing Chameleon 2 rc3 there. I am not able to make proper ISO via lizard, where to place this app so it detects Chameleon files.

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

*BTW why is this app trying to connect to some online-poker? i downloaded it from that dropbox url you pasted above.

Lol, god no! Lizard attempt to connect to the chamleon website, to get and update download list. Maybe the provider or main server is the online game... ckeck the sources if you wants some proofs ;)

Well, i've just reuploaded the file in the dropbox, you can check it. Some fix are applied, like bug in device list when local network volumes are mounted.

for the log, you can open the app named "console", and take a look in "all messages" when you're running Lizard.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:53:23 PM by sonotone »

krrr

• Entrant
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
I have just Updated my laptop to 10.5.8 combo update and all other updates.

now its kinda impossible for me to get lizard 45 messed up again . donno why.

And i dont see any new Lizard file i.e .46 etc.  I will again test it later , try to make some iso and use it on usb to boot on other sys to install cham. :) firstly, i have to recover my fedora 12 from dualboot, this chameleon 2 rc3 is not able to see it and i am confused . will try to grub the linux boot-partionand see (instead of grubbing mbr).

BTW, the app now connects to proper website name instead of poker-online etc.... Shared hosting solution can sometimes mess it up. make sure the shared IP doesnt host any naughty site as default and make sure your app checks for server with your desired sitename only, therwise it freaks-out paranoid ppl like me :P.

krrr

• Entrant
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 08:48:26 PM »
now check screenie with logs. I was trying this Lizard app for 3-4 times, only once in those 50-60 attempts did the App's MAIN screen got messed up like before, could not reproduce.

i still have to test this app for making proper iSO , once i get off my other To-DO's. :)

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »
Thanks for feedbacks
You don't have to test all the things, the test version was designed for install/update part. But i found some interesting things, like the firewall alert :)

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
now check screenie with logs. I was trying this Lizard app for 3-4 times, only once in those 50-60 attempts did the App's MAIN screen got messed up like before, could not reproduce.

i still have to test this app for making proper iSO , once i get off my other To-DO's. :)
Finnaly i've got reproduced this bug. It happens when the theme folder exist, but is empty. I've fixed it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:59:59 PM by sonotone »

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
Hey sonotone, I tagged your title and linked your utility to the faq.

Thanks a ton :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:48:47 PM by rocksteady »
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives

sonotone

• Observer
Re: [Utility] Lizard: a little app for Chameleon
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 10:29:50 PM »
Now just need some time to make it "RC4" ready", maybe this sunday...

weeze

• Entrant
Re: [Utility] Lizard: a little app for Chameleon (update 0.60)
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 09:55:17 PM »
Hello Sonotone! I think this tool is amazing, and I can contribute in anyway possible. At this point it's not trouble using Lizard as-is. But when you get to the stage of using prefpanes or even now, I can help with making packages.

Thanks for the tool! -Weeze

Macslap

• Entrant
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 06:45:48 AM »
Tried the download link and just got "can't find the server at darwinx86.org."

Want to try lizard :)

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »
It should works now, sorry for the link