overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [Utility] Lizard: a little app for Chameleon (update 0.62)  (Read 131090 times)

Macslap

• Entrant
Re: [Utility] Lizard: a little app for Chameleon (update 0.60)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 02:48:14 AM »
Hey ..no problem man. Got it!

This is a great little app that's for sure. The odd things is however there is a little message at the top telling me "com.apple.Boot.plist not found!". I look in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/...and there it is. Maybe it's looking for it in the extras folder?

Anywho..I'm running the retail version of Leopard (10.5.8) and I boot from a thumb drive using "ASUS_PQ5_Boot 123"...so maybe there's issues there.

System is a custom build Intel Quad Core 2.33 GHz, 4 GB RAM, PQ5 ASUS Motherboard, ATI Radeon HD 2400.

The other thing is that I've installed the latest version of chameleon (using a dmg) and it says it installed it on my main drive (MacOS partition) but I see no files to be found. THis is something I've need to ask in another part of the forum...but I'm wondering if all this is having some effect on why Lizard can't find my boot.plist file.

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 09:58:54 AM »
Hi,
By default, Lizard is looking in /Extra folder, but you can choose to use the one in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ in preferences.

scrax

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 10:35:53 PM »
Hi, sonotone
congratulations for your app it's fantastic.
I'm using it from the first versions.
Can i ask you if it is possible to add this con.apple.Boot.plist option (or maybe better a custom option field that anybody could fill with not implemented string):

<key>SystemID</key>
<string>5EDDF16C-CB2B-08A1-FB89-xxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

because the version of Chameleon2RC4 that I use is a patched one that with this options fix the problems related to the auto uuid of RC4.
I ask you this because now every time i modify my c.a.B.p with Lizard i need to use textedit to put again the UUID option because Lizards delete it every time...

Lord Anubis

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 11:35:08 AM »

<key>SystemID</key>
<string>5EDDF16C-CB2B-08A1-FB89-xxxxxxxxxxxx</

I ask you this because now every time i modify my c.a.B.p with Lizard i need to use textedit to put again the UUID option because Lizards delete it every time...
[/quote]

+2
Quicksilver 2002 Case - GB EP45-DS3P - 8Gb Kingston mem. - Q6600 - Asus 7300GT Silent 512Mb - 6 SATA drives - 1 IDE drives ( using F12/Chameleon for booting, not visible in OSX ) - 1 external Sata Samsung DVD - OSX 10.6.8 server retail - Chameleon 2.0RC1 + Cartri Bios

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »
Well, this is a good suggestion.
I think a good way to achieve this is to create something like a "white list", with 3 or more custom keys/strings fields that users can complete if they use patches.

It should be more "flexible" if new patch comes out, cause lizard don't need to be updated and users are not lost with fields that don't works with official chameleon releases.

scrax

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 07:44:25 PM »
Well, this is a good suggestion.
I think a good way to achieve this is to create something like a "white list", with 3 or more custom keys/strings fields that users can complete if they use patches.

It should be more "flexible" if new patch comes out, cause lizard don't need to be updated and users are not lost with fields that don't works with official chameleon releases.

Yess! This is the sort of thing I was thinking.
If you want I could help in translate lizard in italian.

Trauma

• Observer
  • Took too much man !
    • http://www.darwinx86.org - The french OSx86 docs
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »
Hey sonotone,

Why not implement this like you did for the RAM info in smbios part of Lizard? I mean a table editor for the com.apple.boot.plist.

Cheers
Desktop : GA-EP45-DS4 / E8400 @ 3 Ghz / 2Go 1066Mhz RAM / Shutdown/Reboot/Sleep/Speedstep Os X 10.5.6 Retail + Chameleon v2 Apple Raid + 9.6.0 Vanilla
NetBook : MSi Wind U100-015 2 Gb 667Mhz RAM / Shutdown/Reboot/Sleep/Speedstep / Os X 10.5.6 Retail + Chamelon v2

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2009, 11:30:27 PM »
This is a first shot for "custom flags". Lizard should detect unsupported flags with the RC4. You can add more or edit them, like with the smbios memory table (thanks for suggestion trauma )

About translation, you can grab the sources and edit xib files, but some texts are wrote in the code.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1034555/lizard/Lizard-custom.zip

scrax

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
It works for me!

Just a side note, using the patched boot it give me error about the chameleon recognition, but it's not a problem.

scrax

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
Sonotone, are the source posted on googlecode the lest version?
I was trying to localize it but i think that they are old.
Can you post your last version with custom device inj, please?

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »
Hi,
sources on google code are up-to-date.
Just a note about compilation: the helpertool is compiled in the build folder with the app.
You have to rename it "LizardHelperTool" and place it in Lizard's resources folder to get it works.

If you have any question, let me know.

Cheers

scrax

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 08:18:50 PM »
ok, thank's now i'll try.
I've made it but i can't find in the main menu the last 2 icon and the string of the last option (install and upgrade).
Also the eye image is missing. And Xcode tells me that Themes.xib is missed (is in red)
Attached here my build and the modded xib.
The Help is not yet integrated (is the LizardHelp folder that need to be renamed?)

EDIT: i've solved the integration of the Help and the eye icon
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:46:32 PM by scrax »

scrax

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:08 AM »
I've managed to make it work there was some part missed in the main menu.xib

Here you are Lizard 0.60 with italian localization:

sonotone

• Observer
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »
Issues are related to nib path. They work when they are in the resources folder and not in langage subfolder.
I haven't read anything about localization yet, so i can't really help you until i read some guides.

Cheers

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
Supporting this in My Theme =)