Author Topic: leopard and snow leopard hungarian keyboard layout differences?  (Read 4602 times)

jani74

• Entrant
leopard and snow leopard hungarian keyboard layout differences?
« on: September 17, 2009, 05:29:56 PM »
hi,
i have an amilo li2727 with hungarian layout.

with voodoops2 on leopard 0 (left to 1) was 0 and í (left to y) was í.

on snow leopard 0 is í and í is 0  ;D

as i know voodoops2 is the same version.
on leopard i used the installer package,
on snow the installer didn't worked (nothing appears in system preferences - no touchpad and voodoops2 settings) so i had to download only the kext from other site.

what shall i do?

EDIT
ok, i compared keyboard kexts, mine was 600kb, in the installer the kext was 40kb.
i installed with installer again, reboot, no trackpad, layout didn't fixed.
reinstalled with kext helper the downloaded binary, reboot, replaced keyboard kext, reboot, now everything works but osx wants to kill me because of the keyboard kext.

EDIT2
reinstalled keyboard kext with kexthelper, repaired permissions, osx still wants to kill me because the kext was installed improperly. need a howto to remove every files of voodoops2.

EDIT3
had to remove keyboard kext from controller kext. i really want a list that contains every installed files with correct paths. i've just found two voodoops2 prefpane (in L/Pp and in S/L/Pp). which one is unnecessary?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:36:57 PM by jani74 »

OrangeJuice

• Entrant
Re: leopard and snow leopard hungarian keyboard layout differences?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »
Nothing should be installed in S/L/Pp (not saying there should be nothing in there, just nothing additional).  So I would remove that one.

You could also check ~/L/Pp for redundancy but it shouldn't matter.

kahuna0k

• Entrant
Re: leopard and snow leopard hungarian keyboard layout differences?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 11:23:55 PM »
I don't know if would work for you, but with my Spanish keyboard I have the same problem and I fixed it by editing the file

/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change the key

<key>Use ISO layout keyboard</key>
<false/>

to

<key>Use ISO layout keyboard</key>
<true/>

Regards,