Author Topic: Chameleon On Windows 7, dual boot to XP  (Read 2882 times)

Shuttleworth

• Entrant
Chameleon On Windows 7, dual boot to XP
« on: March 07, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
I have been recommended Chameleon by a colleague as it might be the answer to my problem.
I have a new DELL Inspiron 17 laptop with 3GB ram and currently 250GB free HD space, I bought it because my old XP tower was on its last legs.

I am a freelance web developer and need to install Dreamweaver 8 onto the laptop, it is not compatible with WIN 7 ( I have spent many hours trying to get it to work).

Will Chameleon let me install Windows XP alongside Windows 7 thefore enabling me to install DW 8 and inetpub/IIS etc.
The laptop will be mainly for development use, I use Dreamweaver in conjunction with MS Visual Studio.

TIA
Peter

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:43:32 AM by Shuttleworth »

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Chameleon On Windows 7, dual boot to XP
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:48:50 AM »
Will Chameleon let me install Windows XP alongside Windows 7

No, Chameleon is a boot loader, it boots operating systems, it does not help you install them.
Chameleon is used mainly to boot OS X on a PC, that it can boot other OS at all is a luxury.

Type "Dual Boot XP and Windows 7" into google and you'll find tons of guides to help you.

Bear in mind that the procedure will be different depending on which OS is already installed.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

Shuttleworth

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon On Windows 7, dual boot to XP
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
Gringo, thanks for a quick reply, I shall have a look around and see what I can find.

Regards
Peter