overdue-scratch

Author Topic: VMware force CD eject  (Read 3582 times)

Donk

• Entrant
VMware force CD eject
« on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »
Hi

I have been supporting a boot-132 CD image to start Leopard and Snow Leopard under VMware. I want to use Chameleon to do this now as will fix up a few issues. What I want to do though is a small code change to call the BIOS eject function and then rescan DVD/CD drive. This will then mimic how VMware currently does it. The function is in the biosfn.c code but I can't find a good place to call it within boot2/boot.c code.

Does anyone have a pointer as to when it would be safe to virtually eject the ISO image and rescan the BIOS devices?

Thanks

zef

• Administrator
Re: VMware force CD eject
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
Does anyone have a pointer as to when it would be safe to virtually eject the ISO image and rescan the BIOS devices?

Hi Donk,

Open i386/boot2/options.c @line 1017:

Code: [Select]
1017      case kF5Key:
1022         if (gEnableCDROMRescan)
1023         {
1024           gBootVolume = NULL;
1025           clearBootArgs();
1026         }
1027       break;

I would put the BIOS eject code and a prompt for asking the media in the "if" branch above.
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | i5-2500k | 16GB RAM | GTX560 | Keyboard | Mouse | Devilsound DAC

Donk

• Entrant
Re: VMware force CD eject
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
Zef

Thanks for that looks like a good spot, and will give it a go. Another quickie question, there is no rule for debug builds in the makefile. Am I missing something simple here, or just not setup to build a debug version?

Donk