overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Dualbooting on 2 hard drives  (Read 2097 times)

viiComm

• Entrant
Dualbooting on 2 hard drives
« on: November 13, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
Hello,

I have an Asus p5b-vm motherboard with a 2.8Ghz Core2Duo processor with a sata and an ide winchester.
I have ideneb 1.6 installed on both winchester but cannot resolve the multibooting problem.
I downloaded the Chameleon RC2 and installed as the readme described. I made on both winchester anyway.
After restart, independently which winchester was the first in the boot order of the Bios, no gui appeared however the systems have been set up.

I tried to make a com.apple.Boot.plist into the folder of /Extra with this content:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=disk0s2</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

But the result is the same. No GUI, no system choosing option. Would you be so kind to help me how to achieve multibooting?

viiComm

• Entrant
Re: Dualbooting on 2 hard drives
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »
I figured out , that i i press F8 during the boot sequence, the "boot options" of the motherboard appears, i select the hard drive and the chameleon boot loader with gui appears.
Otherwise, the system is silently starting. So it seems that the motherboard is the tricky one ...
Any idea?

SeaGrizzly

• Entrant
Re: Dualbooting on 2 hard drives
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:09:40 AM »
I don't have that board but I do know that if you get it to boot by pressing the f8 key there has to be an option in BIOS to set this drive that you are picking as the boot drive and it will just use that drive all the time.