overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [Question] Chameleon on USB - can it auto-boot OS partitions on other drives?  (Read 2577 times)

BLite

• Entrant
Hi,

Hopefully this will make *some* sense.

I'd like to install Snow Leopard on my machine and leave the drives as "untouched" as possible.  It seems like this should be doable by using Chameleon on a USB drive and simply providing the Default Partition of one of the other disks in the com.apple.Boot.plist file.

However, this doesn't seem to work.  Chameleon boots up, but sits there showing itself as the default partition until the counter counts down. Only after the timer counts down do the rest of the bootable volumes display on the screen as selectable.  I've tried every option I could find for selecting one of these partitions as soon as it boots up, but no luck :(  Selecting one of the partitions after the initial timeout works great... but they just aren't "there" initially.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Here are the relevant portions of my boot.plist :

Code: [Select]
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2)</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=uuid boot-uuid=A0A3C4F4-A53F-4FCC-B389-BF6A2BDD9129</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Scan Single Drive</key>
<string>No</string>

I really would like to do things this way if possible.  Just need a way of pressing "Return" after the initial timeout :(

Thanks very much for your time,
John

zef

• Administrator
I really would like to do things this way if possible.  Just need a way of pressing "Return" after the initial timeout :(

Hi John,

This issue is fixed and will be available in the next release.

Bye,
zef
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | i5-2500k | 16GB RAM | GTX560 | Keyboard | Mouse | Devilsound DAC