overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Chameleon RC3 just reboots after S10e upgrade to 10.6.2 - Fixed - sorry!  (Read 3495 times)

gm7wed

• Entrant
Hello,

First post here - been using Chameleon very happily with my Lenovo S10e until the Software Update to 10.6.2.

Now when trying to boot using Chameleon RC3, when selecting Mac, the system immediately reboots after momentarily showing the 'Chameleon' apple logo.

I've tried reinstalling Chameleon and checking the boot files are in the correct places and partitions. 10.6.2 has been patched using S10e Enabler and boots perfectly when its own partition (not the Chameleon one) is set active to boot.

I can't see what's wrong - booting 10.6.2 from its own partition works happily (even after Chameleon's installed onto its partition), Win XP boots fine from Chameleon - the problem is only starting Mac from Chameleon. I have reinstalled 10.6.2 from scratch on the Mac partition to make sure nothing funny has happened to it - and exactly the same behaviour is observed.

My disk drive is partitioned into a boot partition, a Windows XP partition and Mac partition, with Chameleon installed on both the Boot and Mac partitions. The partitioning scheme is MBR. Normally I would have the Boot partition marked as the active one.

Any ideas?

Ross

Update - fixed

Now this is curious - though 10.6.2 boots perfectly when *not* using Chameleon, i.e. from its own partition, it doesn't work with Chameleon unless I try using a patched kernel. I downloaded my patched kernel from the link on forum page http://s10lenovo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3569&start=10#p24941. Now, everything is fine - though I can't explain why. A reply to another post I made somewhere else (http://www.hackint0sh.org/showthread.php?p=470908#post470908) seems to expain this.

Sorry for your time! If there are others out there with the same problem, this seems to be the solution!

Ross

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:46:49 PM by gm7wed »

sjpapa

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon RC3 just reboots after S10e upgrade to 10.6.2 - Fixed - sorry!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
Hello,
I have a similar problem. Up until 10.6.1 everything was fine. After the 10.6.2 upgrade the spacebar has no effect. I cannot boot in verbose mode nor safe mode (-v -x) anymore. Just the plain hitting 'enter' is allowed.

I would be very grateful if I could restore -v and -x mode again.