Author Topic: A question (Maybe a silly one)?  (Read 2550 times)

Craigus

• Entrant
A question (Maybe a silly one)?
« on: November 28, 2009, 10:29:06 AM »
Hello people.. I've found myself with a bit of a problem and I need some assistance.

I've been running OS X and Win7 successfully in dual boot for some time now, originally I used EasyBCD to edit the Windows bootloader in order to get a selection of OSX or Win7 at startup. The other day I installed the latest chameleon on my OSX partition and all has been working like a charm until today when I booted into Windows for the first time (to game). After selecting Windows in Chameleon I still have the two options in text "OSX/Win7"??

This isn't a massive problem as when Win7 is selected the system starts and runs perfectly. I would however like to remove the two entries on the windows boot if that's possible.

Has anyone else here had the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

C.

Windows04

Re: A question (Maybe a silly one)?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »
Can't you just edit the bootloader of Windows 7 again with EasyBCD and remove the Mac OS X entry?

Craigus

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
Sorry I should have mentioned, I tried that first:)

Every time I receive the following errors (see attached screenshots)

C.

Craigus

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:09:13 PM »
No one has seen this before.. I'm stumped!

Memorial

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 07:11:39 AM »
Don't use EasyBCD? Try the windows command line utility for editing the bootloader (it's the only semi-official thing that can do it). Also look up how to undo what EasyBCD did...(i.e. I am too lazy to look that up myself now)

Craigus

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:50:22 AM »
Use BCDEDIT you mean? Yes, I've tried that I get a file not found error which is what leads me here to the Chameleon support forums because right up until I installed Chameleon I was able to edit the BCD both manually and using 3rd party applications.

My guess is that Chameleon moves or modifies this file when installed and once modified BCDEDIT or EASYBCD are no longer able to make changes to it. I'd love to know exactly what happens to it.

C.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:54:18 AM by Craigus »