Author Topic: Chameleon RC2 (iatkos install) Windows booting problem  (Read 4445 times)

adnbek

• Entrant
Chameleon RC2 (iatkos install) Windows booting problem
« on: November 28, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »
Halp! :P

I just installed iatkos v7 on my pc on a 2nd partition. Installation went without a hitch! (in fact, I'm typing this message in OSX)

Booted into OSX without a single error or KP. But now I can't boot into Windows anymore. :( When I select it in Chameleon, the startup fails and the error says "Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible".

I should add that in OSX, I can see my Windows partition as well as access any of the files within.
I tried using "Repair" with the Windows CD to no avail. I tried fixing the MBR using the "bootsect" command line utility on the Windows disc, but I got an "Access Denied" message. It appears the bootmgr file is locked and can't be accessed.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 03:50:19 PM by adnbek »

adnbek

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon RC2 (iatkos install) Windows booting problem
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
Fixed it myself! In case anyone wonders how, I used the Windows disc to boot. If you choose to repair, it won't work as I said earlier because the volume cannot be found. So I used the command prompt, used the diskpart utility and made "active" the volume with Windows on it (for some reason, either Chameleon or OSX diskutil take away it's "active" status).

When doing this, Windows will now boot fine but you will no longer be prompted by Chameleon to dual boot. To rectify this, I used easyBCD and followed the instructions here: http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/help-need-to-install-iatkos-5i-on-my-t4721/post40119.html.

After this, everything worked like a charm!

Hope this helps anybody else who had the problem.