overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Kernal Panic Help  (Read 4009 times)

elstevodiablo

• Entrant
Kernal Panic Help
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:05:02 AM »
First I want to start off by saying I'm a n00b at Mac OSX86 and all stuff pertaining to it, 2nd I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the right board  but I was told to contact Voodoo after the kernal panic and this is the closest I found to contacting them, if I am posting in the wrong board by all means tell me and direct me to the proper board. There isn't much to say, my PS2 drivers werent working but I think my kernal panic was from something else, I was on the internet downloading something and it happened, below is a picture of the screen I got, I have other shots of it if you guys need different angles.
???

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX2 6000+ 3.1ghz
Chipset: Nvidia MCP51 (6150LE)
Ram: 3gb
GPU Nvidia 9800GTX+
Distro: iPC 10.6.5 ppf5
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:29:22 AM by elstevodiablo »

elstevodiablo

• Entrant
Re: Kernal Panic Help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:24:15 AM »
Let me know if this isn't in the right forum so I can move it guys, I'm really itching to get back onto OSX haha.

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
Re: Kernal Panic Help
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
It is hard to say what is causing it as you have cut some important information from the picture of your kernel panic screen. And if it is voodoo kernel related, the correct place for voodoo kernel related bugs are http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/
IIRC type 14 is page fault, so something is reading or writing to protected memory location.