overdue-scratch

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Theme Park / [Theme]  Just B&W / Just W&B 
« Last post by rmf_z on August 21, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »
Hello everyone,

These are just very simple themes in Black & White, and in the opposite White and Black.
I hope you like them, and feel free to comment or say something :)

Both themes are for 1920x1080 resolutions, and i'm using latest version of Chameleon bootloader.
There's also a folder with A LOT of alternative icons if you have other OS/Drives, just check it.

VERY IMPORTANT - If you choose to use the alternative icons, be sure to copy both files to the main folder (Just B&W/Just W&B), ex. "device_hfsplus_mav" and "device_hfsplus_mav_o" if you use "Mavericks"
               And keep the "device_selection" file, it is needed this time for both themes (my previous theme didn't use "device_selection") :)

You may wish to edit the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to turn off the "Boot Banner" and the "Legacy Logo" :)

The thumb and preview images were taken with a phone camera, so they are not quite accurate...sorry  :-[ ...final result is better, just download and try ;)

As always I like to thank Blackosx, CosmosCj, Enzo, rzooff, kexlam, xenatt, DMAUTOS and many others for inspiration :)

PS- Please, forgive my english mistakes, as English is not my native language   :)
Theme Park / Another retro theme
« Last post by jaygrid on August 13, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »
Hello, this is my first theme, there is only two icons Yosemite and Windows because I only use this two systems.
Inspiration is on retro computers, it will be easy to change OS images on the screens and maybe i can add others vintage computers.
It is sized for a 1920x1200 and images are quite big, i don't know if even have space for a third icon

Pictures are taken with phone, is there a theme viewer to take better images?

Open to ideas

Hope you like!
Theme Park / [Theme]  Katana 
« Last post by rmf_z on August 03, 2015, 12:40:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

Well, another theme out of the oven, this time it's something about japanese culture and one of most famous swords of all, the Katana.
This time i moved things around the display, and also used some sort of a matching font.
It's just another theme, but i hope you like it, and feel free to comment or say something :)

This theme is for 1920x1080 resolutions, and i'm using latest version of Chameleon bootloader.
There's also a folder with SOME alternative icons if you have other OS/Drives, the font that i used (DomoAregato) is also included, just browse it.

VERY IMPORTANT
- If you choose to use the alternative icons, be sure to copy both files to the main folder (Katana), ex. "device_hfsplus_mav" and "device_hfsplus_mav_o" if you use "Mavericks".
Both files are needed as i didn't use a "device_selection" image, instead i used the "_o" files to act as the device selector.

You may wish to edit the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to turn off the "Boot Banner" and the "Legacy Logo", specially the legacy logo :)

The thumb and preview images were taken with a phone cam, so they are horrible...sorry  :-[ ...final result is better, just download and try ;)

As always I like to thank Blackosx, CosmosCj, Enzo, rzooff, kexlam, xenatt, DMAUTOS and many others for inspiration :)

PS- Please, forgive my english mistakes, as English is not my native language   :)
General Discussion / Re: Fullscreen Resolution Problem with Chameleon
« Last post by FliccC on July 30, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »
After reading through a lot of different sites/posts with similar problems, I am under the impression that some monitors just don't accept any VESA modes higher than 0x11F = 1600×1200 24bit.

So there actually might not be a solution. I could be wrong though.

Anyone else has any suggestions ?  :o
Theme Park / [Theme]  Cartoonized 
« Last post by rmf_z on July 29, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago i was cartoonizing some photos and i thought "why not make a chameleon theme using this technique?"
I grab the icons from my previous ROG themes and cartoonized them all, also made a bunch of new icons, chose the best ones and make the Cartoonized Theme. The background is a simple brown paper bag  :)
This is the end result of my initial thought, it's a simple theme, but i hope you like it :)

I like to thank Blackosx, CosmosCj, Enzo, rzooff, kexlam, xenatt, DMAUTOS and many others for inspiration :)

This theme is 1920x1080 resolution, and i'm using latest version of Chameleon bootloader.
There's also a folder with PLENTY alternative icons if you have other OS/Drives, the font that i used in menu icons which doesn't come with win7 (Helvetica Neue Regular) is also included, just browse it.
You may wish to edit the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to turn off the "Boot Banner" and the "Legacy Logo" :)

The thumb and preview images were taken with a phone cam, so they are horrible...sorry  :-[ ...final result is better ;)

« Last post by FliccC on July 20, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »
I also have a 23" Dell monitor. Maybe this is causing it?
« Last post by Gringo Vermelho on July 19, 2015, 02:24:37 AM »
I'm getting the exact same thing.

1920x1080 23" Dell monitor connected via DisplayPort to a GTX 660.

Graphics Mode and theme resolution flags are set properly.

1920x1080 appears in the list as well.
General Discussion / Fullscreen Resolution Problem with Chameleon
« Last post by FliccC on July 16, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »
Hello,

when I boot up my system Chameleon doesn't display in Fullscreen but instead there is a black frame around the image.

- The native resolution of my monitor (aka what I want): 1920x1080
- my graphics card: ZOTAC Geforce GTX 650 ZT-61002-10M

I entered my resolution (1920x1080) both in the theme.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Also 1920x1080 appears to be an available VESA mode of my graphics card, when I check video modes on startup in chameleon 1920x1080 is listed three times in 8/16/32bit.

The theme that I'm using has a 1920x1080 background image, but it's not displayed in fullscreen. The text is not as crisp as it should be (badly drawn/wrong resolution).

I went through the forum search multiple times. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Best
FliccC
Theme Park / Re: [Theme]  ROG 3 Flavoured New Themes 
« Last post by rmf_z on July 14, 2015, 10:29:05 PM »
Thanks for the clearing my doubts about those two icons and functions, since time machine is used for recovery, i thought they were somehow related :)
With that doubt out ot of the way the themes were uploaded with the naming corrections done :)

Thanks once again Blackosx for all the help and information :)
If you spot something else feel free to comment, and when you had the time, give the themes a go also, they are way better than my previous one and i'm sure your Maximus Gene will like all the 3 of them :D

Thanks
Kind regards
rmf_z
Theme Park / Re: [Theme]  ROG 3 Flavoured New Themes 
« Last post by Blackosx on July 14, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
yw :)

The device_hfsplus_recovery.png icon is displayed for Recovery HD partitions which are automatically created by the OS X installer since 10.7 (I think). These are primarily used as a rescue option for genuine Mac's since they no longer come with restore DVD. They can also work with hacks too ;)

A time machine backup is different and is just personal to you.

The recovery icon in your theme can be anything you desire; but I wouldn't confuse it with time machine.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10