overdue-scratch

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Theme Park / Re: [Theme]  Minions 
« Last post by rmf_z on September 02, 2015, 11:37:55 AM »
It seems that you've read my mind :) I was about to ask you about that, indeed the files are becoming huge :)
But you're right, it is described in the manual (funny, i really don't know how i missed that) :)
Thank you very much for the info Blackosx :)
Theme Park / Re: [theme] Milk Shake
« Last post by Blackosx on September 02, 2015, 09:15:49 AM »
This theme is looking great here paco corporation!  ;D

My only wish would be for the device icons to be drawn closer together. For this the device icons could maybe be cropped to 120px wide and the devices_iconspacing entry in the theme.plist be reduced or even set to a negative number (I think this can be done). There may be an issue with the font when reducing the devices_iconspacing but I think you can get round it by changing the font file to have more vertical space between the red dots and the characters. If I get time, I'll try it and let you know.
Theme Park / Re: [Theme]  Katana 
« Last post by Blackosx on September 02, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »
Another lovely theme rmf_z! Well done  ;)

I appreciate the time you've taken to position everything and I like the placement of the menu and info box. It's also nice to see new fonts being used and in this case the Japanese style really suits this theme. One note though is I find the font too large, or the maybe the devices are too close together because the volume names overlap.

With regard to file sizes, I managed to reduce this theme from 14MB to 1.2MB. (This reminds me that maybe I need to check my own themes to see if I can reduce those too.. ha ha).

Don't take this as a criticism at all, but if I were to be picky then I would love to see the device icons appear as embossed/stamped in to the blade of the sword so it all looked silver. But hey, that's just my interpretation.. You have done a good job :)

Theme Park / Re: [Theme]  OSX Desktop 
« Last post by Blackosx on September 02, 2015, 08:55:40 AM »
This reminds me of my old Blackosx_Leopard theme where I tried to give the impression of being at the OS X desktop. :)

You have an excellent range of additional icons but I notice you’re missing the recovery icons (device_hfsplus_recovery.png and device_hfsplus_recovery_o.png).

If I were to ask for a wish list then it would be nice if you could somehow add the volume name in to this theme. I know it may detract from the design but I have 19 HFS+ volumes (inc. Recovery HD's) on my system and selecting the correct one requires some thought ;)

EDIT: And see note I added to your Minions theme regarding file sizes.. I managed to reduce this complete theme from 27MB to 13MB.
« Last post by Blackosx on September 02, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
I notice the files sizes in this theme are enormous. You could use Photoshop's save for web option to optimise the .PNG images (as per the creating themes guide), but I have a little script I run which uses pngquant to optimise the images to 8-bit transparent .PNG files. Using this process I down-sized this theme from 59MB to 4.8MB.

Link and info for script and pngquant
« Last post by rmf_z on September 02, 2015, 12:40:17 AM »
Thank you very much for the kind words Blackosx :) They mean a lot coming from you, the theme guru, the man who wrote the theme creation manual ;D
I'm still exploring themes structure focusing much of the research in your themes and Enzo's, so yes working with the "o" means double the work, but i think the end result is better :)
I'm just glad you like them, and i hope that others like them too :)

Kind regards ;)
« Last post by Blackosx on September 01, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »
I'm testing all new themes right now and I have to say... Wow! This is great!  ;D

Congratulations rmf_z for creating a new look with this theme.
I love the way you have positioned a single device icon in the 'o'.

You are the man!  8)
« Last post by paco corporation on September 01, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
Thanks  ;D
« Last post by Blackosx on September 01, 2015, 01:28:16 PM »
Hi paco corporation.

Lovely looking theme with some nice design elements.  :)
Well done and thanks for sharing your work.

Chameleon users are being spoiled recently with all these new themes appearing.

EDIT: Why include the mega link when you have attached it here? (I guess so unregistered users can also download it).
EDIT2: I added a thumb.jpg to your post so a thumbnail can be seen from the theme park page.
Theme Park / [theme] Milk Shake
« Last post by paco corporation on August 31, 2015, 04:59:06 PM »
Hello, this is my first theme.....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10