Author Topic: Chameleon RC4: Laptop won't enter into hibernation with Windows 7  (Read 5421 times)

surgedesign

• Entrant
Using the RC4 Chameleon Bootloader to dualboot osx/windows. My hard drive is a uses GPT and is setup in a hybrid HFS+/NTFS format. I am using a dsdt.aml file located in the efi partition but I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect windows. When I try to enter hibernation the system will go to the user login screen with my current user still logged in. Please note that I am NOT talkiing about sleep as the laptop goes to sleep just fine. This is a pain as when my computer runs out of power I lose any unsaved work. Hoping that this can be sorted out!

Panasonic Toughbook CF-Y5
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:31:14 AM by surgedesign »

minimalpc

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon RC4: Laptop won't enter into hibernation with Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »
Using the RC4 Chameleon Bootloader to dualboot osx/windows. My hard drive is a uses GPT and is setup in a hybrid HFS+/NTFS format. I am using a dsdt.aml file located in the efi partition but I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect windows. When I try to enter hibernation the system will go to the user login screen with my current user still logged in. Please note that I am NOT talkiing about sleep as the laptop goes to sleep just fine. This is a pain as when my computer runs out of power I lose any unsaved work. Hoping that this can be sorted out!

Panasonic Toughbook CF-Y5

See the solution posted by hb76 near the end of this thread.  The thread title mentions sleep, but it applies to hibernate as well.  Also, despite hb76's note, you CAN use the freeware HxD to make the one-byte change to the MBR--at least in my experience.  Remember to set the Windows partition active (using the diskpart tool, for example) after making the change.  You will need to redo this anytime you reinstall Chameleon, at least until the patch is incorporated into the official release.

cirial

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon RC4: Laptop won't enter into hibernation with Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
Thanks for your help minimalpc.

I also saw your posts over at mydellmini or the dell forum (forgot which) talking about this same issue.

I ran the hexedit, and made Win7's partition active. Hibernate now works, but not in the way that I would like.  I can select hibernation as an option in the start menu, and all is well. However, I would like my Lenovo S10 netbook to goto sleep when I close the lid, then hibernate 20 minutes after that like it used to when I only had Win7, and not OSX with Chameleon.

No matter what my settings are, it does not hibernate after sleeping for X amount of minutes no matter what I do. However, it does hibernate when I do the keyboard shortcuts or set windows to Hibernate when I close the lid (I'd like a period though when it only goes to sleep for 20 mins when I close the lid, THEN hibernate)

Any suggestions??