Author Topic: Back to OSX86, installing Snow Leopard  (Read 3126 times)

eyvind

Back to OSX86, installing Snow Leopard
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
Hey everybody, long time no see!

Ive been away from OSX86 for many months now as I was moving to a different country and I had a lot of studies.

When I left, Chameleon was still at good old RC2. I can see so many things have changed.... I was running leopard before. Now I have a new notebook, and a Snow Leopard DMG. My question is; is there any way to install Snow Leopard using Boot 132 or Chameleon CDBoot (oh and, where can you get a Chameleon CD??), straight from a hard drive partition. I do not have a DVD drive, and I dont have a large enough flash drive. I only have access to windows. The only program I have found that is capable for formatting a disk with a DMG is Transmac, but this can't deal with internal partitions or drives, and if you use it on an external HD then the whole HD is wiped, not just the partition you choose. I have lots of important data on this HD, so erasing it is not feasable.

My second question is, as mentioned before, how can you download or create your own Chameleon CDboot under Windows (no access to a mac)?

Thanks,
Eyvind

PS. I would highly appreciate if someone could fill me in on the big changes since RC2, both in Chameleon and the OSX community.
My new notebook:
MSI X-340, Slim as an Air
2 GB Ram, Intel 723 ULV processor (SSE3 capable), Intel 4500MHD Graphics
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64bit, Currently installing Snow Leopard Vanilla, BackTrack
Currently installing Snow Leopard Vanilla, BackTrack

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Back to OSX86, installing Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
Welcome back eyvind.

I suggest you have a look at this thread by r0m30
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,911.0.html
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB