overdue-scratch

Author Topic: How to Add windows 7 boot support ?  (Read 2078 times)

manabdeori

• Entrant
How to Add windows 7 boot support ?
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:19:27 PM »
hello everybody...
    i would like to know that can i add win 7 boot support on chameleon rc 2.01, cause at boot windows default boot loader comes and after that i have to chose ihakintosh one, and then chemeleon bootloader comes. Where i dont have windows 7 boot support...

hope anyone of you can help !!!!!

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: How to Add windows 7 boot support ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
Hi manabdeori

The idea is to install Chameleon on the drive you are booting from, then Chameleon will become the default bootloader and from there you can then load Windows7.

If you already have a Windows installation7 on the drive be careful when installing Chameleon's stage 0 booter (boot0) by making sure you don't use the standard version what ships with OS X. Instead, use the bundled fdisk in the i386 folder of the Chameleon binary files. This is because that version of fdisk will only write to the first 440 bytes of the MBR and won't destroy the existing Windows code. In the forth coming release of Chameleon RC5 this version of fdisk has been renamed fdisk440 to save confusion.

But note, before attempting this, it's wise to make sure you have a backup of your files and at least a recovery option available to you before proceeding, in case you do anything wrong.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:12:06 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB