Author Topic: does the new chameleon install to the efi partition? And where are good tutorial  (Read 2462 times)

terramir

• Observer
okies I would like to upgrade to 10.6.3 and well I would like to install everything to the efi partition so I don't have to mess with the default installed files but just over ride their loading during boot as it is necessary, my hardware is a 1005HAB
any hints on how to really read up on this, because I would actually like to put a package together so I can reinstall at anytime and avoid kernel panics.
terramir

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
For an EFI install, see Gringo's guide.
But if you have an existing Chameleon install then you will want to end up with only one /Extra folder unless you are confident you won't get confused over which files are being used.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:06:17 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

terramir

• Observer
 read the reinstall guide, however I still have to boot off the flash drive which is a different version that I downloaded off the net as a image when I couldn't boot at all. I used the newest binary and well it takes I real long time I actually turned it off before I got to the desktop cause it seemed stuck. but then again I don't know if it's because I didn't move the apple plist and the extra folder over yet or due a version problem I'm running 10.6.1 on an atom based system. I figured if there are no boot files there yet except chameleon it would continue booting and loading my extra folder etc on the SL partition.
I would like to know which thing could be the problem A the kext files and other stuff not being on the efi partition or some incompatibillity with this version of the chameleon and 10.6.1 on an atom.
terramir

Drule

• Observer
For an EFI install, see Gringo's guide.
But if you have an existing Chameleon install then you will want to end up with only one /Extra folder unless you are confident you won't get confused over which files are being used.

I've just finished setting up my EFI partition, on a GUID (non-MBR) drive, with Chameleon 2 rc4 rev648, as I like the idea of just using one partition and /Extra folder for keeping everything organized in. However after setting it up, and installing 'boot' on three other partitions on the same drive as the EFI one (SL 10.6.x test installs), I find that the other installs will require me to place the dsdt.asl file in either their root or in an /extra folder on their partition. If I don't I'll get a message saying no DSDT file found, even though it is sitting in both the root and /Extra areas of the EFI partition (originally it just in /Extra).

Is this a known glitch, or I am missing something?